Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

40 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

Two weeks! I got off easy, I guess , with my Hobby Easy shipment. Anyway, I hope

you post your conversion when the time comes around

It was sent out from the US on Dec 12, arrived in Canada on the 22nd and was forwarded to Canada Customs for clearance the next day. It then sat there with no updates until this morning when they said it was out for delivery. 

I have to find an HK Meteor kit now for the base kit as well as decals. Thankfully the Zotz ones seem to be still around with a couple shops. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

It was sent out from the US on Dec 12, arrived in Canada on the 22nd and was forwarded to Canada Customs for clearance the next day. It then sat there with no updates until this morning when they said it was out for delivery. 

I have to find an HK Meteor kit now for the base kit as well as decals. Thankfully the Zotz ones seem to be still around with a couple shops. 

I'd like to do one of the HK Meteor kits myself....like the looks of that 'plane. The customs

thing...is that recent? I purchased 3 items from Hobby Easy before without any customs

problems.... The last two, well, I had delays. Well, honestly, my delay was about a week..

not so bad....but what has changed from before? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

You must do a WIP on this, never seen one built in any scale…….

Haven't got it yet......who knows when it will be available ...but a WIP seems likely! Academy and Hobby fan both released versions in 1/35 but neither

seem to be available anymore.

• Like 4

From Amazon, came another Tamiya  kit. This time their French Battle Tank B1 bis

(35282). I purchased this same kit a while back but the partially built model was damaged during moving and some of its parts lost. I was determined to purchase another

if I could find it at a good price. I did. I found a seller on Amazon selling it at about $20.00 cheaper than my usual sources....and shipping was free..so, a pretty good deal.

It's a nice kit....and it has individual working track links. Being a French inter-war tank, it

has the usual weirdness to make it an interesting subject. I now have three Tamiya kits

of French tanks, a few big Takom Ft-17s, and a Takom St Chamond to build. Most of these have paint schemes that are a little challenging. I also intend to get the Schneider

tank by Hobby Boss , that's if I can find that one at a decent price.....the lowest I've seen

is $49.00 for that one. Anyway, I'm glad I found this one.

DSCN1004_kindlephoto-49817288.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I stopped by my LHS and they had a sale on Revell car kits so I decided to go down memory lane and pick up a kit I built when I was around 8.

PXL_20230115_020443980.thumb.jpg.386381488635ee7f342ca71fe64a10e5.jpg

Hopefully I do a better job this time and it doesn't keep falling apart on me like the original one did. 

• Like 7

On 1/13/2023 at 7:58 PM, belugawhaleman said:

From Amazon, came another Tamiya  kit. This time their French Battle Tank B1 bis

Nice choice Paul, I built that one some years ago, it's a great kit with maybe the best non-AM-tracks I've ever seen. Highly detailed and the links click together securely. The tank itself has the rough beauty of these early French designs, a bit of a dinosaur. Along with the interesting French camo schemes, it makes for a nice in between builds.

P1140960.thumb.JPG.dbc127f2987f3d429410bfaed3150f66.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Nice choice Paul, I built that one some years ago, it's a great kit with maybe the best non-AM-tracks I've ever seen. Highly detailed and the links click together securely. The tank itself has the rough beauty of these early French designs, a bit of a dinosaur. Along with the interesting French camo schemes, it makes for a nice in between builds.

P1140960.thumb.JPG.dbc127f2987f3d429410bfaed3150f66.JPG

Cheers Rob

Nice work on your Char, Rob.Yes, it's a great kit. Echelon made a couple of decal

sets for these tanks...one had markings for a Tank that was apparently used by the

French in Germany post war ( I  think) it was overall OD with White stars like a U.S. tank.

A dull marking choice..but historically, interesting. Anyway, I won't be doing that one as

that decal sheet can't be found. The kit has an option of hull red and green camouflage...

that's the one , I think, I might do.

• Like 5

On 1/15/2023 at 4:33 PM, belugawhaleman said:

Nice work on your Char, Rob.Yes, it's a great kit. Echelon made a couple of decal

sets for these tanks...one had markings for a Tank that was apparently used by the

French in Germany post war ( I  think) it was overall OD with White stars like a U.S. tank.

A dull marking choice..but historically, interesting. Anyway, I won't be doing that one as

that decal sheet can't be found. The kit has an option of hull red and green camouflage...

that's the one , I think, I might do.

Or go German . Two training battalions (100 & 206) used them in Normandy , plus a few sent to Yugoslavia . Completely decimated in Normandy in 48 hours or so .

FCED7032-90-F1-4803-BC6-B-642-D1-C93-F19

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

To all of y’all who got together and sneakily sent me a Sprue Brothers gift card for Christmas, thank you!  
This is what I bought with it:     It’s even the Christmas Special Edition!   😁

9D060D8D-06BB-48DE-B923-11F3A14CCF4B.jpeg

Nice!, Years ago, I suffered from what I called then, " The P-40 Curse". That is, every attempt at building a model of a P-40 failed.. That is until I built an Otaki one in 1/48.

Satisfied, I never tried another one.....That was n 1983, a long, long time ago. Truth was,

there wasn't a lot of good kits available then.....at least, that was my excuse. Well, now,

I just might give it another try. That kit is tempting me.....although it's a little expensive.

Best of luck with yours...and please, show us your build!

• Like 7

• Administrators
1 hour ago, belugawhaleman said:

Nice!, Years ago, I suffered from what I called then, " The P-40 Curse". That is, every attempt at building a model of a P-40 failed.. That is until I built an Otaki one in 1/48.

Satisfied, I never tried another one.....That was n 1983, a long, long time ago. Truth was,

there wasn't a lot of good kits available then.....at least, that was my excuse. Well, now,

I just might give it another try. That kit is tempting me.....although it's a little expensive.

Best of luck with yours...and please, show us your build!

I’ve stalled out on a Hasegawa E.  No reason, just chugged to a stop.  This one oughta do it: challenging but accurate. My problem is that I try to outsmart the kit.  Leave off internal detail that will be hidden, etc.  at times, that gets me into trouble..

• Like 6

Well these two were delivered today.  Thanks to Carl’s generous gift card in the raffle the Avenger was pretty cheap!  Thanks Carl!!

9EADE69F-E773-484B-A675-E0FB8C44148A.thumb.jpeg.f70fcabbff1f5aacbc13a839bed61080.jpeg

Will be a perfect match with my Fisher guppy I built a few years back.  I found a set of hard to find decals at a hobby shop in Poland that are now on the way as well. 
Hopefully this will be the end result. 
oops!  Image is on my iPad.  I’ll edit it later. 
Let me see if this works. 

FC2D9070-5DFA-4D47-A850-770293F80E39.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2