Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

2 hours ago, DocRob said:

Finally a McLaren Honda MP4/6 showed up on my doorstep :D.

Cheers Rob

P1000509.thumb.JPG.ed9fd8ef680c53084db8f87db7a0fb4c.JPG

Nice! The Tamiya 1/12 kit is my oldest SOD model. I started it back in 1993. I work a little bit on it every year. A very little bit. 

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Fix typo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, HubertB said:

I need to gather my energy to write a review of the Seahawk kit, but I can give you my first impression about this one, and it’s best summed-up with one word:

WOW !

The quality of the castings, of the detailing, of the engraving, is simply outstanding. We are in Fisher or Lukgraph territory here, gentlemen, no less.

And to think this is achieved whilst suffering Orcs’ bombings and power grid cuts makes my admiration even greater for what Andreyi has done.

Hubert

Curse you Hubert! I've been in the fenc about the kit but ended up ordering one after reading your single word review.

I do have their Cavalier Mustang conversion so at least I know what quality to expect. Now to wait my turn. Not like I have nothing else to work on in the meantime...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Curse you Hubert! I've been in the fenc about the kit but ended up ordering one after reading your single word review.

I do have their Cavalier Mustang conversion so at least I know what quality to expect. Now to wait my turn. Not like I have nothing else to work on in the meantime...

Thank you for Andreyi !

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

do have their Cavalier Mustang conversion so at least I know what quality to expect. Now to wait my turn. Not like I have nothing else to work on in the meantime...

I love to know your thoughts on the conversation.  I've thought about getting on....harv 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, harv said:

I love to know your thoughts on the conversation.  I've thought about getting on....harv 

I'll get some pics in a bit but the detail is great. The engraved panel lines match those of the Tamiya kit. The breakdown seems to be fairly logical from what I recall. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's some quick pics of the Cavalier Mustang. 

The replacement fuselage. 

PXL_20230504_201157778.thumb.jpg.72b6fc349244d04b1bf027358bb01e03.jpg

Closeup showing the panel lines.

PXL_20230504_201206568_MP.thumb.jpg.aef9336d613d834e0774258542d9a4f2.jpg

Super thin exhaust. 

PXL_20230504_201425087.thumb.jpg.2dd5768f5d26756f68ec2854968b41cb.jpg

Tip tanks. 

PXL_20230504_201311486.thumb.jpg.6334881e8f45da0841ab1b840aacf3e1.jpg

There's a replacement prop, cockpit floor and some additional detail parts. The cuts to the tail and wingtips are very straightforward so this could be an ideal first conversion for someone. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

There is a review of the 1/48 incarnation of the Seahawk in the Modelling News, interesting and include some nice pics.

The Modelling News: Review: 1/48th scale Curtiss SC-1 Seahawk from Halberd Models

Cheers Rob

Hubert has reviewed the 1/32 one now here. The additional pics of the real thing on the TMN review will be handy. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Hubert has reviewed the 1/32 one now here. The additional pics of the real thing on the TMN review will be handy. 

My review was just a single « wow ! » 🤣

I need to do a proper one, with pics, but I had some health issues which dragged me down last week …

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, HubertB said:

My review was just a single « wow ! » 🤣

I need to do a proper one, with pics, but I had some health issues which dragged me down last week …

Hubert

Hope you're feeling better.

Whoops, my mistake. For some reason, I thought you had done one. 

• Like 2