Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Guest DannyVM

Just delivered at my doorstep, with a big thank's to AK Interactive for their very fast and splendid service, and the nice attention they included in the package.

S0pnzMKl.jpg

Also Rob, thank you mate to point it out to me.:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Time to dig out this lecture.

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

I was surprise about that as well. From my previous experience only dry-brusing worked.

Did you get them from PM Hobbycraft or Model Land??  I love Model Land, I go there every time we hit Cowtown....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

PM hobby craft . The store is spacious and they have popcorn. :)  That makes my daughter occupied for a bit so I have extra time to drool .

The guys at PM are great, they sure know their product, and the owner is a real "Drone" guy, man he is on those things....I like their selection, and last year when I heard MM was shutting down some paints, I spent over 400 bucks there on the Model Master paints.....Larry at Model Land has a great selection as well, lots of cars.... and major goodies down stairs.......hard to go near there and not spend big bucks....!! You are so lucky to have a couple real hobby shops.......

• Like 3

1500 Kms from home right now ...

But, in case you did not know it had been released, my wife told me I just received the Roden Cessna L-19 with floats :wub: . And there are some cool civilian versions fo this one (not in the box, but that's what a Silhouette is for )...

I love civvies and floatplanes / flying boats, in case you did not know yet ...

And a pic ... I’ll try to find the time for a review. A (small) disapointment is that the floats (apparently base on an EDO model) are for an amphibious version, with the landing gear displayed. The LG hole will need to be filled for a pure floats version.

i-kwsgwQC-600x450.jpg

Plus some Albion Alloys tubes, square and round, and their « Connecto » system. I hope I read their code system right, and the connectors will fit the tubes.

i-kDLcBqn-600x450.jpg

Hubert

• Like 4

On 2/21/2019 at 12:22 PM, Martinnfb said:

There is something very special about floatplanes, as I am getting older I am finding myself falling in love with props and floats.  

Float planes are magical, and they leave NO trace of their presence once they take off........ they don't leave any mark on the earth........

• Like 2

Maybe I am getting 'off topic' here, should we start a "Float plane" thread for vids and info?? I love them and wonder how many of you other guys do too..... the more info out there the better?? Maybe I should think of that rather than guck up this thread?/ Thoughts??

• Like 4

I need to do a proper count, but I would think that probably 50% of my 1/32 stash is made of floatplanes or flying boats ...

So it’s more than a keen interest. Maybe it’s my way of merging my interest in ship models and my interest in aircrafts ...

If I can contribute a SIG thread, I’m game for it ...

Hubert

• Like 2