The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

God, that's a blast from the past. My father-in-law had an RX-7 back in the day and boy could it motor. He also had an NSU RO80 (he had a thing for rotaries!) which looked wonderful but ran like s***. Worked about once a week if you were lucky.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Been wanting that 787B kit for ages. I tried to build it when I was younger and stuffed it up. I loved my Rotarys back then and still do!  Miss my series 2 Rx-7!

Me too, but I wasn't willing to pay what they want on eBay. So getting it for $50 was worth it. 

Model Factory Hiro has come out with a 1/12 version but it's well, a bit pricey.

9 minutes ago, GusMac said:

God, that's a blast from the past. My father-in-law had an RX-7 back in the day and boy could it motor. He also had an NSU RO80 (he had a thing for rotaries!) which looked wonderful but ran like s***. Worked about once a week if you were lucky.

I keep looking at third generation FD3 RX-7s but a friend won't let me get one. Unless I do an LS swap on it...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

You know, You want that Carl 

1993-mazda-rx-7-chevy-ls2-swap-12

27385eee1ae90a7e8d3f8771f54e98ab.jpg

oooooo ouch................... remember I'm a Corvette guy, and I'm going to ruffle a few feathers here............. IF you want  a Corvette engine, get  a Corvette........... sorry guys..... I'm a little bit of a purist..... also I think there are only 2 kinds of people in the world.. LOL those who HAVE a  Corvette and those who WANT a Corvette..........;):rofl::rofl::ph34r:  I know, I know.... just kidding.....sort of... I must admit, this conversion is pretty cool..... knowing what LS power is like, and it is scary crazy, I bet this car goes like a bullet.....

• Like 2

Didn't know that you had an Rx7 Mike!

I had a 1982 Series 2 Speical Edition but it had Series 3 tail lamps fitted to it. It also had a 13b from an Rx5 fitted with a 3.5kg Flywheel and lighten driveshaft. The best thing it had Poo Brown Leather interior!

God, I really miss it, and I wish I never sold it. One of my regrets.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Jeff said:

oooooo ouch................... remember I'm a Corvette guy, and I'm going to ruffle a few feathers here............. IF you want  a Corvette engine, get  a Corvette........... sorry guys..... I'm a little bit of a purist..... also I think there are only 2 kinds of people in the world.. LOL those who HAVE a  Corvette and those who WANT a Corvette..........;):rofl::rofl::ph34r:  I know, I know.... just kidding.....sort of... I must admit, this conversion is pretty cool..... knowing what LS power is like, and it is scary crazy, I bet this car goes like a bullet.....

I hear you Jeff, that Corvette valve covers were not necessary , however in 2010 on Formula Drift Championship in Washington I snapped picture of this ZO6

Banzai ! user2668_pic3697_1278807530.jpg.7fcdf3f6ebf42eca1390b742ed78de9b.jpg

And this S13 had LS2 under the hood. An easy way to get 600 HP :)

user2668_pic3707_1278908526.jpg.04cf1631c4cb805832479b3289be3fd7.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I hear you Jeff, that Corvette valve covers were not necessary , however in 2010 on Formula Drift Championship in Washington I snapped picture of this ZO6

Banzai ! user2668_pic3697_1278807530.jpg.7fcdf3f6ebf42eca1390b742ed78de9b.jpg

And this S13 had LS2 under the hood. An easy way to get 600 HP :)

user2668_pic3707_1278908526.jpg.04cf1631c4cb805832479b3289be3fd7.jpg

OH MY !!!!!!!!!!!!:huh:

• Like 2

• Members
15 hours ago, Dave J said:

Didn't know that you had an Rx7 Mike!

I had a 1982 Series 2 Speical Edition but it had Series 3 tail lamps fitted to it. It also had a 13b from an Rx5 fitted with a 3.5kg Flywheel and lighten driveshaft. The best thing it had Poo Brown Leather interior!

God, I really miss it, and I wish I never sold it. One of my regrets.

Yeah it was nice car, fun to drive.  IIRC the clutch was horrible though, so stiff that getting stuck in traffic meant a charley-horse in your left leg!

Mine was silver with gray and black stripes, think I still have a pic (that one I posted was just pulled from a Google search).

• Like 1

Whats cool is we ALL have a passion, be it Tuner's , RX7's, Bicycles, 4x4's, exotics, boats,  Mustangs, Corvettes, airplanes, models etc, I have noticed that we ALL respect each other's passions and enjoy a little friendly rivalry and willingness to share ideas and what has worked and not worked for us...................... some stuff is not our full on interest , BUT we all appreciate  the other guy's interests............................ that's really cool..... and yeah Smitty.. ( Smutty according to Clunk's Christmas raffle:rofl:) we are all a little bit crazy !! :blink:  and I LOVE it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

I have some too.... as you know, Phil,  2 Corvettes, an all original numbers matching, never seen snow no hit 1968 Ford F 250 2wd 390 4 spd, and Cathy's '73 F 250 390 auto,  plus our daily drivers and a new daily driver coming ......... life is just plain too short not to have some toys... and he who has the MOST toys wins !  B)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JeffH said:

You can sleep in a car but you can't drive a house

I know and that sucks !! LOL!!!!!  My problem is I LOVE my cars and trucks too much , well maybe not 'too' much , but a lot !!  And ............. for the record, loving my cars and trucks, ISN'T the ONLY problem I have ( just ask Cathy )..................... oh, I digress....:rofl:

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 12/30/2018 at 9:15 AM, Jeff said:

Jeff, you DO know the difference between a Corvette and a porcupine, right?

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 12/30/2018 at 10:48 AM, Mikester said:

I had an '83 RX-7 from "85-'88, great car loved it! 

rx7.jpg

I just loved these things. They sparked a serious passion in me that still glows. There's so much untapped power in that engine that it just blows the mind. The Wankel, to me, on paper, is the perfect engine, at least for smaller applications. Done right, electric smooth power.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Jeff, you DO know the difference between a Corvette and a porcupine, right?

Yes, and I'd kinda like to think I'm a Corv.......... Porcu..................................well you know ....... just THAT kind of guy :rofl:

• Like 1