Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Guest DannyVM
9 hours ago, GusMac said:

Hope your wife ok Danny and it wasn't anything too serious.

She's very fine mate. The surgery went very well. Last year she suffered from a spinal hernia at the lower vertebra. After seeing two doctors who said there couldn't be a surgery to solve the problem, and that she had to live with it we decided to see a third doctor and he told us a whole different story. It wasn't only the hernia in which she suffered from but she had also a cracked vertebra. This one needed to be taken care of by surgery and in case of the hernia it was simple he said. No surgery would resulted within two year's of a paralysis. So the choice was simple.

For now she is recovering very well, and i hope next week she can return home.

Guest DannyVM
31 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Danny hope the good lady has a speedy recovery...........

nice haul on the AK’s how do they smell? I have to be careful because my wife is asthmatic so I use Vallejo, Tamiya paints are not very good either for her. I do use a booth

Thank's Phil. She is recovering very well mate. Today all her infuses where removed, and she walked all ready around when i entered the room, so that's a good sign.

Regarding the AK paint. They smell different compared to Tamiya paint. When you open the bottle it's a stronger smell but still much less then the MRP paint. It's a acrylic paint but to be honest, still not fully acrylic, so same as the Tamiya paint.  When spraying i was surprised that the smell was not as strong as the Tamiya paint, strange thing because the smell in the bottle is stronger than Tamiya. 

Glad to hear your wife is recovering well. Back problems are never good but at least this sounds like a good fix.

Wrt the smells, how does the AK thinner smell? I tend to thin Tamiya with Mr Levelling Thinner and it smells way more than the paint.

• Like 3

Guest DannyVM
8 hours ago, GusMac said:

Glad to hear your wife is recovering well. Back problems are never good but at least this sounds like a good fix.

Wrt the smells, how does the AK thinner smell? I tend to thin Tamiya with Mr Levelling Thinner and it smells way more than the paint.

I just got her on the phone, and the pain coming from the previous hernia is now totally gone, also the radiance to her right leg is completely gone. A very good sign.

About the AK thinner, i don't have the thinner because i used the Isopropyl alcohol to thin and i tried also to thin the paint with cellulose thinner. Both work's just fine, with a increase of smell when i used the cellulose thinner to thin the paint.

Guest DannyVM
5 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I'm with Harv on this one. 

Yep me to.............hope everything is ok with you Martin????.......anybody heard from him lately???:rofl::lol::lol::lol:

• Administrators

Yes, we find cool kits. Plus a neat racer shows up.  

I guess the secret’s out. I really love Czech aircraft. That Avia is made of unobtainium and is priceless, so I’m going to do the prudent thing: BUILD THE CRAP OUT OF IT!

D08C6062-9233-4FF9-B966-1FDFCDBA572F.jpeg

8A8FB4F3-EBD9-4FCF-9698-1A88C0BB035A.jpeg

CE5F94EC-85F6-43FF-B791-8362E923C16B.jpeg

• Like 6