The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

4 hours ago, DocRob said:

I have the very same in stash for a long winter stint, accompanied by a big Griffon PE and resin set and some resin sailors from U-Models and others.

Cheers Rob

I've got the Griffin PR set as well. That came in about 6 months ago. I missed out on the U-Model figures as I can't find them anywhere. I do have the Italeri set and I see there's some on Shapeways so might get those. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I've got the Griffin PR set as well. That came in about 6 months ago. I missed out on the U-Model figures as I can't find them anywhere. I do have the Italeri set and I see there's some on Shapeways so might get those. 

These are my side orders, besides the Griffon set. I will build mine with the 20mm Oerlikon on it. I tried to figure my sources for the U-Models figures and ADV, but drew a blank. I bought mine some years ago, back in Berlin.

Cheers Rob

IMG_7801.thumb.JPG.e62bc25a3d1f6834a842c45347a5f329.JPG

• Like 8

Fell to the temptation of adding another Lukgraph kit to the stash. After all, you can’t get enough yellow wings, can you ?

And now I can rationalise that I was right. The Curtiss F6C-1 I ordered shows « sold out » on Lukgraph’s site :rolleyes: ! 

(Prescient) Hubert :D

• Like 7

Got a real treat.  I was also able to get about everything possible to assist with the build.  I hope to have this with my F-16 when Nationals is a thing again!  Not pictured is AMS resin intake plugs (thanks Harold!!) and another set of resin M117s.

20201123_144742.jpg

20201123_145333.jpg

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

That's a lot of resin. And AM too.

From what I've read and looked at in the kit, it can really use it.  I truly want this one to be a bit of a center piece in my office and am willing to put forth the effort and time to get that result.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Bill_S said:

Something totally off the wall for me, but I couldn't resist. I've ridden my Continental for 40 years.

Definitely something else. Could you possibly add some in box pics? I  would love to see, how the spokes look and how they tackled the details.
Many moons ago, I nearly bought a 1/9 kit of a racing bike by protar.
The Schwinn is a cool looking classic with that skinny old fashioned steel frame, I loved, how these forks worked on cobblestone.
If anybody would produce a replica of my first MTB, A Trek single track, I would buy it in an instant.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, DocRob said:

Definitely something else. Could you possibly add some in box pics? I  would love to see, how the spokes look and how they tackled the details.
Many moons ago, I nearly bought a 1/9 kit of a racing bike by protar.
The Schwinn is a cool looking classic with that skinny old fashioned steel frame, I loved, how these forks worked on cobblestone.
If anybody would produce a replica of my first MTB, A Trek single track, I would buy it in an instant.

Cheers Rob 

Here you go, Rob...

DSCN2498-1.jpg

At the top, you can see the sprocket/chain. My bike has a chrome drive sprocket; I'll have to pull out the Molotow marker for that.

Vinyl parts are included with the kit. The seat, tires and an accesory bag. Also (not pictured) a length of vinyl tubing for brake lines.

DSCN2497-1.jpg

Lots of chrome parts. The wheels/spokes are split in half...

DSCN2495-1.jpg

DSCN2496-1.jpg

Lots of accessories included with the kit; I won't use the fenders, child seat, beverage bottle, mirror, headlight etc. Bare bones, just like mine!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I got some models coming soon. I hope. A KV-1 1942. A Panzer IV G. And a 75mm AT gun.

Iv not done an open tank or field gun before so don't really know how it will turn out but I hope to make it look nice.

When the .models arrive I'll be sure to come back and notify of them

Screenshot_20201127-133808.png

• Like 4

17 hours ago, DocRob said:

Thank you Bill, quite a trip down memory lane, kit wise. Are you planning a WIP of the Schwinn. It would be interesting to see, how this will work out.

Cheers Rob

Rob, this one's way down on the to-do list. Maybe once I finish a couple!

And the postman dropped this off yesterday.

DSCN2499-1.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Nice haul, be interested how the Zvezda goes together, never built any of their offerings.........WIP maybe?

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I'm curious about the Zvezda kit too. I've only got their Star Destroyer and haven't done anything with it so no idea on how they go together.

Carl

Yeah I looked at some models online they look pretty good and the kits got alot of small detail and parts 

I'll be sure to document the making off all 3 models

• Like 4