The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

On 12/3/2020 at 11:46 PM, Bomber_County said:

Nice haul, be interested how the Zvezda goes together, never built any of their offerings.........WIP maybe?

On 12/4/2020 at 12:44 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

I'm curious about the Zvezda kit too. I've only got their Star Destroyer and haven't done anything with it so no idea on how they go together.

Carl

I've built the Zvezda Bf109G6 in 1/48.  Amazingly inexpensive, but a really nice kit.  Decals are average, but the plastic was nice.  With armor models, I'm most concerned about the tracks.  I get sick of paying for aftermarket tracks which usually cost more than the model they're intended for.  So, if I see they have rubber band tracks, I don't buy em.

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Bill_S said:

DSCN2521-1.jpg

DSCN2520-1.jpg

I wonder what the WNW sheet will fetch now that Aviattic has released this?

Nice buy! Those sheets look lovely as all Aviattic stuff..

I have only one WnW Fokker Fok and I already have the schem fr it... otherwise, I would be all other this sheet! 

• Like 4

Well, it finally arrived. 

PXL_20201217_210851210.thumb.jpg.cf57c28f5db0ab42839fb7d11c37cbac.jpg

The shop I ordered it from is about 40 (60ish km) minutes from my place but I took advantage of their free shipping. It got to the post office fine and then went to Halifax, which is about 1,800 km away before they sent it back to the local post office and finally to my house in Toronto. But it's here and in time for Christmas.:D

• Like 8

Three presents for me this Christmas.

One from me....1/32 Revell Ju88 A4. Been after this kit for like, forever and found one on evilbay going really cheap. So got it whilst i could. Came with 9 unopened Tamiya paints too.

One from She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO). 1/32 Revell Fw190 F8 with a ton of extras. All for the price of just over the kit price alone.

One from my kids. 1/35 Meng King Tiger (Henschel). Love this tank and now i can have a bash at it.

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2012.JPG

IMG_2013.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

king tiger.jpg

• Like 10

Well Santa me just dropped the (impressive) Lukgraph Hawker Nimrod :wub: ...

And Santa her :wub: was ahead of schedule to deliver a Motocaddy M1, to carry effortlessly the clubs on the slopes of the local golf course :rolleyes:

Hubert

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Bill_S said:

This arrived in the mail today. I might send it back; on the box, the prop is spinning, but the engine is not.

Don't build that crap :D and be lucky that the plane is not spinning around the engine on the cover :rofl:.
In earnest, you will like the kit, I hop, albeit there are some flaws in it.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

A couple things to mention here. First I felt compelled to support a small buisness so I picked up a CSM Nieuport 23. It was rewarding and I highly recommend it. Second, I ordered this like five days ago from Latvia ....I have stuff I ordered in the US two weeks ago that are who knows where. Third, this is possibly the best box art I have ever seen. Lastly, it could definately could contend for kit if the year.

16086885161993969202262775465838.jpg

• Like 7