Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

My boys are the same way. They really enjoy the big Lego sets. Our oldest wanted the Hogwarts castle set so much he saved up hm to buy it. It helped that the grandparents knew what he was doing and gave him a bunch of Lego gift cards. 

My son was much the same, loved all the big Star Wars Lego, and spent many happy Xmas Days assembling them with him. He's away at Uni now, so I have been tempted to pull a couple from his cupboard and do them myself. Might be worth a few quid in the future as they're all intact.

He's funny as he laughs at people who moan at Ikea pictogram instructions and says they should have built more Lego as kids! 

• Like 6

A couple of kits showed today:

First, a kit from Miniart, their Tempo E400 Hochlader Pritsche 3-Wheel Truck.

I've been aware of these kits before and I finally decided to get one after seeing

one of these odd little vehicles in old archival footage of Germany early post war.

The kit looks great, with lots of detail including; a complete engine, cab interior, and

suspension.... Cool!

Second; My order from Hobby easy HK came after languishing in customs since

December 29. From Takom, it's their M3A1 Lee (2114). This is the version with the

cast upper hull, giving an already strange-looking tank a weird..almost organic....look.

This kit, like many Takom kits, is hard to find in stock.....anywhere. Glad I found one!

DSCN0998_kindlephoto-181450917.jpg

DSCN0999_kindlephoto-186417718.jpg

8771b253160d7bcef71826090aa4f0c3--m-lee-lee-grant_kindlephoto-30924.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

A couple of kits showed today:

First, a kit from Miniart, their Tempo E400 Hochlader Pritsche 3-Wheel Truck.

I've been aware of these kits before and I finally decided to get one after seeing

Hang on Paul………………………NO TAMIYA………………???.?…??:sofa:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/6/2023 at 5:22 PM, Artful69 said:

A few weeks ago I had Metro's call me up and advise that a few of the kits I was chasing had arrived.

So I placed my order and collected this from the post office yesterday ...

tgZrxyW.jpg

A few quick slices of the knife and the box came apart ... not exactly inspiring confidence in the packaging!!

sC2h5oc.jpg

The latest Zoukei-Mura 1/32 scale kit had arrived ... but the latest 1/48 F-4 Phantom II kit hasn't. Still I had decided to grab the 1st three 1/48 kits made to round out the collection ... Funnily enough, the 1st two in 1/48 are the same as the first two in 1/32 ... The J7W1 and the Ta-152.H-1 ... While, for whatever reason, the Horten Ho-229 made the cut for the 3rd 48th kit made ...

gsvDCMq.jpg

iLYNifp.jpg

E339Eya.jpg

Of course the 1/32 kit that I was waiting on is the Hs.129B-3 ... with the big gun! ... It means I can toss out my resin kit of the same ... sans Schatton Modelblau turned brass barrel, which will be repurposed for this kit :D ...

HG500Z1.jpg

I wonder if we'll get another Bf.109G kit next ... or we'll get the first of the Fw.190A's?? ... either way ZM has a smart release schedule - 1 super detailed, expensive kit per year, it seems ... so it won't smash my new "paying-of-a-mortgage-tightened" budget! ...

Speaking of Bf.109s ... Revell's new G2/4 boxing just arrived also ...

7w3LCO2.jpg

I believe I saw written somewhere that the original CAD / sprue layout / moulding design of the latest tooled 109's was based around this particular kit and not around the G-6 or Erla G-10 ... which is why they ended up as error ridden as they were - not enough attention was paid to the "adjustments". How accurate this information is, I have no idea ... But considering that reviews, for the most part, seem to indicate that this one is about where it should be in terms of accuracy, it would also seem to imply that the story has some merit.

I'm really waiting for a couple of 1/16 Panzers to make an appearance at the store ... but there's more than one or two kits on backorder 😏 heh heh!!

Rog :)

Whoo hoo!  Now THAT is a stash!

Has anyone else noticed that ZM seems to like displaying US bombers with the right inside engine on fire?  That is some mighty fine shooting! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Not what I just got, but what I  Will get when it's available.

A new WW I subject from Miniart......an armored truck. I 

Now that is unusual, I have the Takom Male Mk1 which would make an interesting diorama…….if anyone ever builds the Mk1 get an AM set of tracks…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Burbank's House of Hobbies came this kit from Copper State Models;

Their French AC Mod. 1914 (Type ED) csm 35013.

I've been wanting this one fo a while and found this one at Burbank's for a decent

price. Built on a Renault chassis, and armed with its St. Etienne M1907 mg , I like

the clean lines of this vehicle.....kind of reminds me of the later U.S. M3 scout car.

The gun was a bit of a arcane marvel.....using a blow-forward gas piston and transmitting rearward motion to the bolt using a rack and pinion system and cam track

on the bolt.  Also, it was fed by metal feed strips like the 1914 Hotchkiss. There's an

interesting video on YouTube on a channel called Forgotten Weapons about this gun.

Anyway, being a CSM kit, It's pretty good.

D2D29721-36A9-44C2-9BF0-7678BE3BB2D9_1024x1024@2x_kindlephoto-52477.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1