Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

My other hobby........

ajaycad

59 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Never seen these before, are computer games or war gaming?

Old school Avalon Hill "bookcase" wargames , Panzer Leader dates from the 1970's , Squad Leader was one of the most lauded games from the early 1980's although became almost unplayable in later versions due to the complexity . Folding "geomorphic" map board, counters galore , rules for virtually everything . Never got D&D as a kid , it was all about war 😆

Personally play Panzer Leader occasionally as can't remember half of the game structure of SL . Also , I might have custom mapped out a lot of the Ardennes to be able recreate all of Kampfgruppe Peipers attack during the Battle of the Bulge complete with game TOE's ....🤫  just a lil obsessed . It's odd to later drive along roads and terrain you've mapped out !

A link to one of the better Panzer Leader websites here ...I used to chat to Greg Moore though fear he might not be with us anymore. 

• Like 2

Yeah I P/U some in FL over ThanksGiving in decent shape not this good for $160 for all four if I remember right.Back in the day a good wood worker probably had quite a collection of planes,saws and chisels for delicate stuff.;)

• Like 3

My dad has a lot of really nice old tools like that which he inherited from an uncle who was a master carpenter. I suspect they will come my way eventually as my brother has zero interest in stuff like this. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I could take a pic but I do this for Wife she has lost about 15/20lbs in the last five years and having a hard time putting weight back on.She weighs about 102lbs now @5'4" wear 0/2 in pants she hates it.You go .....So! I make homemade shortcake,cut the berries and made almond whip cream she loves this for breakfast.I cook more than I want to at times just to get a home cook meal in the girl.She in her late 40's early 50's could turn some heads at 115lb with a figure little girls would like.;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 2:19 PM, KevinM said:

I could take a pic but I do this for Wife she has lost about 15/20lbs in the last five years and having a hard time putting weight back on.She weighs about 102lbs now @5'4" wear 0/2 in pants she hates it.You go .....So! I make homemade shortcake,cut the berries and made almond whip cream she loves this for breakfast.I cook more than I want to at times just to get a home cook meal in the girl.She in her late 40's early 50's could turn some heads at 115lb with a figure little girls would like.;)

I wish I had that problem.  Let’s just say that I survived anorexia in a big way. 

• Like 3

On 2/8/2023 at 9:01 AM, KevinM said:

Cheap is right! What a deal!

I saw something else aircraft related on that site that has me wondering - https://www.proxibid.com/WWI-IMPERIAL-GERMAN-RED-BARON-CANVAS-AIRPLANE/lotInformation/75071756

Do you think that's authentic?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, biggtim said:

I saw something else aircraft related on that site that has me wondering - https://www.proxibid.com/WWI-IMPERIAL-GERMAN-RED-BARON-CANVAS-AIRPLANE/lotInformation/75071756

Do you think that's authentic?

I be hard press to put advice on that subject matter Tim.The WWII and probably WWI lotsa fake got to really study and not a big interest of mine.I do fancy some swords have never won though I esp. like the French Naval Swords of the 17/1800's slender with Nice hilts.;)

Stay away:Unauthenticated, sold as is;)

• Like 1

I think I mentioned earlier that I consider my yard care and improvements a hobby. Last fall I carried a battery powered sprayer all around the yard walking a pattern with that heavy thing slung over my shoulder.  A week later I was laid up in bed with one of my worst back episodes I’ve ever had.  Told my wife I went cheap and now I’m paying the price. 
So I looked into a sprayer I could mount on my ZTR mower.  All starts with an ATV “luggage rack”.  Welded up a few brackets yesterday and got it mounted.  
live got a 16 gallon sprayer system on order that will sit on the rack. 
I know it looks close to the engine in this pic, but it actually sits higher.  

vIwA6P.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Went shooting today at a buddies place in the country about 15m N of me.He is an old VN vet served as a radio guy in the Army carried a .45 and M2 carbine.He just acquired an M1 Inland 10/44 and I got the ammo.I brought the Spanish Fr-8 in .308 and shot about 20 rds his Son Kevin shot 5rds.We were shooting a 1/4" plate 12'X12"(100yds) Joe hit 10rds in a row with the M1 about 3 mags into the shoot I finally hit the plate in my last 5 rds 4/5.I blew holes like it was butter it been over a year since Joe and I had gotten together good friend and he's 80 and Spry.I left giving Joe two more mags loaded(got plenty) and filled his and told  him to do some oiling here and there he had about 5 real lite primer strikes figuring the firing pin needs some lube.Stress Relief.;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not actually saying who bought this (cuz big brother probably keeps a record of such things) but whoever it was still needs to put optics on it. He just can't afford it because he's really broke now. It's a good thing he doesn't have any other hobbies to spend money on. 

20230414_180731.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KevinM said:

I have not seen that front site setup?I use to hit an 18"X18" out to 350yds with open sites 4 out 5 rounds no need for a scope never have except the pellet rifle that fires faster than a .22;)

Just FYI, this is a Bula Defense M21 DMR receiver with a Bula NM 19.25" barrel, and was set up as an XM-21 clone like the Vietnam vintage rifles. The originals were modified M14s with the rail added like this one. The DMR receivers are nice because the rail has a groove in it that allows use of the iron sights, and can be removed entirely if desired, unlike a modern M21 receiver, on which the rail is integrated. That front sight is made by Smith Enterprises and is designed for use with certain muzzle accessories, which this rifle's previous owner had on it. It is also used on many SOCOM style M14s by the US military. The new owner has installed a new Fulton NM USGI style flash hider, and is waiting on a standard gas lock in the mail before installing the new NM front sight. The SEI sight is rather nice, though, as it sits slightly higher than the stock setup. It will be kept for possible future use. Smith also makes an extended bolt release that is standard on all US military M14s now. One of those has been backordered as well.

And we thought model building was expensive....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2023 at 6:35 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Here’s my pictorial of distractions-

ZWoPRHc.jpg

coP7Ceu.jpg

9LUOJaC.jpg

z7HImQZ.jpg

ICvGQsv.png

SfDihWj.jpg

U5gOQTy.jpg

U3M0XKe.jpg

qwuedPI.jpg

S5TDOXi.jpg
CkAcst1.jpg

cheers

Pete

Nice MP5.  I’ve got a knock off PTR 9c 

zvxDZK.jpg

I’ve also got their K model as well.  Both are SBR stamped. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...