The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Scratch built Spitfire in 1:5 scale

Greetings everyone, and thank you for inviting me to join LSM.  My favoured scale is 1:5... Yes, I guess you could say that's large.

Here are some pictures of my early-mark Spitfire, which took more than ten years of my spare time to build. I have more images if anyone would like to see them.

I greatly look forward to joining the discussions. I have also scratch built WW1 subjects in 1:24 scale, and have been an avid kit basher for most of my life.

niceview.jpg

cockpitbest.jpg

DSCF5280.JPG

• Like 11

Welcome to LSM David, that is a truly impressive build. Is this really an all metal Spit? 
I'd like to see more pictures of this excellent piece of workmanship and I might throw away my 1/48 Spit XVI from Eduard :).

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

Welcome to LSM David,

I have your book and I can say it's a riveting read. Your techniques are fantastic and very effective. Last year I saw your Mustang at the Cosford Museum and some years previous this Spitfire. Magnificent builds by a true master.

Cheers

Cees

• 2 months later...

Hi David,

I visited the RAF Museum last sunday, and by coincidence the 100th anniversary of the RAF. Couldn't help taking the time to admire your Spitfire. It looks fantastic from all angles.

Cees

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...