The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Yeah, some European-Canadians/Americans drive sticks :) . In regards to that shifter, here is what's happened last night:

Wife:  what are you watching?

Me:     meh, just some installation tutorial videos 

Wife:  briefly glanced on the screen...did you buy a new shifter?

Me:    yup

Wife:  we were talking about this...........holidays ...... savings........taxes........ wheels.........Mexico.......Christmas ............ think......

Wheels are here guys ! Santa said that I can. 

• Like 5

325 to the rear, 285 for the front , installed and balanced with TPS sensors and lug nut set

Message_1543446782102.thumb.jpg.75910e38b1c6db699681b2dc6c7f9583.jpgMessage_1543447626208.thumb.jpg.209ca541799829acb67142320b199fe5.jpg

Stainless steel braided clutch line, to replace the OEM plastic piece.

Message_1543447460570.thumb.jpg.7b8abeef0429f23dc2bec9fccaa43c3f.jpg

Humanly harvested rubber, totally organic, not tested on animals ....... yet...

Message_1543448900751.thumb.jpg.47560c267bbbb04a3e01fc84de00db90.jpg20181128_161732.thumb.jpg.be55cf1c8dbea56359861c3c72513f90.jpgMessage_1543447044935.thumb.jpg.9e36271bf4afcf3de14a33953e731fec.jpg

• Like 5

:) you guys make me smile in the morning.

Gus, the white stuff in the background will disappear in a matter of years, not to worry :)

Rob, you won't believe this, but recently I purchased legitimate squirrel trap. Only later I realized that it is just a squirrel feeder. Those pesky creatures are much smarter than I thought.

Sharing-Christ-Squirrel.jpg

• Like 6

Yeah, I already contacted LMR customer service and they are trying to help, however there is not much to do. Exchange is not cost effective , simply because of the distance from the border. Not a biggie, I can have it fix at the same shop that the car is right now. We'll see, I have the whole winter to decide:)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

We'll see, I have the whole winter to decide:)

Good choice with those wheels.This is a factor we never have to deal with here, needing a different change of wheels and tyres for winter.

But a friend living in Victoria where it gets much colder during Winter tipped her Landrover / Horsefloat combination on Black Ice once, when she just didn't notice the transition from wet road to frozen. They all survived thankfully (although not the Landy.)

• Like 3

Thank You Jeff, not surprisingly, I am fighting the insurance company right now in order to approve front bumper blending. For some reason the fender- blending is on the estimate , but not the bumper. Utterly surreal bureaucratic experience.

2111126.jpg

• Like 3

No matter how much 'fighting' you are doing with your insurance company, it would pale against the fighting I would have to do with MY insurance company........... these guys are hundreds of millions in the ditch, and keep raising the rates, another coming soon, BUT the execs STILL have their noses DEEP in the trough with 6 figure salary's..........they NEVER take a pay cut to help....................everyone forgot that when this "Insurance Company' was dreampt up by the politicians, it was supposed to be non-profit and for basic coverage only..... well it is non profit alright, but have formed into a cash cow for the Provincial Government and are dictating thieves with their noses into too many 'projects'................ highways maintenance for one..........they spent millions outfitting our plow trucks Province wide for salt brining, millions.................ask me how many times it was used, go ahead and ask......I have to stop now or I will explode.....you're lucky Martin, even with the fighting you have to do, at least you have a CHOICE................ we don't....:hsmack:Rant over....................... well maybe ...

• Like 3

And they smile when they tell us rates are rising......... I nearly cry when I see those ads on tv about that insurance company in the USA giving away free deductibles if you are a good driver......last fall ICBC said they were going to punish the good drivers as they have lower rates and that's not revenue generating enough so they are jacking the rates...................... gee that's FAIR..................... there was a movement afoot here not long ago to allow COMPLETE Private insurance and the Provincial Government said absolutely NOT..... along with the Uber thing ( which is just plain silly ),  we are kind of being dictated to ... oh well it could be worse I guess......:rofl:

• Like 3

Man, do I hate insurance companies. 

Martin, I completely feel your pain and understand your frustration. They screwed up a claim I made in April and assigned me as at fault for a collision that wasn't (I hit a guy that ran a light). Because of their mistake, they refused to renew our policy but didn't tell me about their decision. Had we not switched cars, we wouldn't have known about this and would have nearly been driving without insurance. Because of their mistaken assignment of fault, going to another insurance company would've been astronomical in premiums. After threatening to sic the ombudsman on them, they finally fixed the clerical mistake they made so that I could get a policy elsewhere. This is after I've been with them for over 15 years. 

The kicker is they're happy to pay for fraudulent repairs. I told them the body shop charged them for things that weren't broken on my car when I got the bill back and they said "that's the nature of the industry". 

Jeff, I hear the horror stories about BC insurance and almost feel glad I'm only paying Toronto premiums.

Carl

• Like 3

Wow , that is utterly scary story. Almost criminal. To be honest my problems are based on lousy communication between me, the insurance company and the shop. Today , early in the morning I sent another bunch of e-mails all over the place and things are finally moving. 

The paint job is starting on Monday,,,,,, so let's call it Wednesday :)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Wow , that is utterly scary story. Almost criminal. To be honest my problems are based on lousy communication between me, the insurance company and the shop. Today , early in the morning I sent another bunch of e-mails all over the place and things are finally moving. 

The paint job is starting on Monday,,,,,, so let's call it Wednesday :)

Chartreuse?

• Like 3