The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Caterham R 500? Take it , it's all yours  :)

My wife said I could get one for my 50th. 

But that was before we had kids...

I would still love one but I think I'll have to settle for the three Tamiya ones that I have.

Carl

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Caterham R 500? Take it , it's all yours  :)

3 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

I'm afraid that muscle cars do little for me even though what you've shown are beautiful give me a Caterham r500 any day 

I've always loved the Caterhsm after first sitting in one back in '92. My wife even said I could get one for my 50th b-day.

But that was before we had kids...

I think the closest I'll come is the three Tamiya ones I have.

Carl

• Like 2

For the Purists, quite probably.

The limit in Qld is 30 years ( 'Classic' definition?), if it's under that age when imported it can't be driven until it's converted to RHD. So, he might have had it for 25 years, or might just prefer to sit on the right, who knows. I saw a fairly rough red mid-60's 'Stang at Robina last night still in LHD, ripe for resto. I think I'd leave the pedals where they were if given the choice.

S

• Like 3

A RHD British classic car. e.g. a roadster or an E-Type, might sell for a better price in a LHD country due to its authenticity. Depends on the car, though.

Quite understandably, I was mightily relieved when I learned I could import and register my two ponies (2008 Bullitt and 1968 428 Cobra Jet) as LHD cars in NZ, both of them being white-listed by the NZ Transport Agency as "collector's item" and "built in numbers less than 20.000". Both cars will be shipped to NZ in early March 2019.

• Like 5

Nice!

Not surprisingly, another week passed by and I haven't heard from the repair shop yet. Outside is minus 14 C and white stuff all over the place.

Since Ernie killed Santa, there is no point to wait for Christmas,,,,,So I ordered this.

wtk-177913c_ad0b7f12.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Harvey, I was all choked up in Phoenix when my neighbour sent me the carnage pictures. Now, with the winter here already I am little calmer. To overcome this somber stage I picked up this baby....... shhh, its a secret surprise !

394272.jpg

• Like 1

Gosh, I thought you chaps over the pond only drove automatics! :D

That's a sweet looking set-up. Talk about direct linkage.

One of our neighbours has a Mustang (mid-life crisis mobile!!) but he only takes it out in decent weather. Kinda sensible given Scottish back roads and weather! But when he does all the local kids are out watching.

• Like 4