The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Trumpeter P-47D is next

I remember asking Yahu a while back if they were doing a panel for the Trumpeter kit and they said yes and it would appear its about to be released though not showing on Hannants yet. One of the things I will aim to get when it comes time to tackle my Trumpeter Razorback.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Great choice John, love the Jug, another masterclass in the making........

Should make a good looking model and it will be the only razorback jug in my collection in 1/32. :)

• Like 3

Hold the phone guys! I've changed my mind. The P-47 goes back on the shelf for now. HobbyCraft P-51A is calling my name! :D

Now that I've finished the P-51A I can get started on this kit. Still planning to do Pengie II. :)

Lol, you will spend a lot more time building that P-51A than the trumpeter P-47 with five times more parts! I still have an A in the stash, but I remember the many hours of filling and sanding that kit! Although it did turn out nice!

3E43C35F-BE10-4A3C-93B5-218B37623950.thumb.jpeg.bee0f7b225d9847643c79f5cb6d7571b.jpeg

964F4D1F-0697-46D8-B347-1B1C0A5FE1AF.jpeg

3F27CF98-3B20-4773-9A3B-FBBBFAC1F98D.jpeg

C351DC2B-C011-436B-B89F-E0DA2E433BE3.jpeg

56E3790D-68F8-4C16-A152-2601632BA66E.jpeg

• Like 6

I've built the A-36 and a "A" previously so I don't think there will be any surprises. I'll be using the VERY nice resin cockpit from Vector which really makes a big difference in the model. My eye is on the one on the cover of Dana's new book on USAAF colors. Very weathered!

All geared up and ready for the Corsair Peter! I look forward to watching your build.

• Like 3

• Administrators
9 hours ago, JohnB said:

I've built the A-36 and a "A" previously so I don't think there will be any surprises. I'll be using the VERY nice resin cockpit from Vector which really makes a big difference in the model. My eye is on the one on the cover of Dana's new book on USAAF colors. Very weathered!

All geared up and ready for the Corsair Peter! I look forward to watching your build.

There’s plenty of pics of RAF and AAF A’s on the flight line so beat up they look like parts should be falling off them.  I know there was more than a few of them that just crapped out and fell apart.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, k5ikl said:

What timing John.  I have the Trumpeter P-47N out of the closet and hope to get started on soon, I hope.

Cheers,
Jerry

The only real "gripe" I have so far is the somewhat over-done rivet detail. Otherwise not a bad looking kit. :)