Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Heinkel HE219 A 2/5/7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She looks great!! I have a couple of these, I'm one of the guys who cut the engines up to correct the wing/engine interface, then wondered why I bothered.. hence why I have two....

Could you please post a "how to" on achieving that great camo scheme. It looks so.. well...right!!

• Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 11:17 AM, NigelR32 said:

She looks great!! I have a couple of these, I'm one of the guys who cut the engines up to correct the wing/engine interface, then wondered why I bothered.. hence why I have two....

Could you please post a "how to" on achieving that great camo scheme. It looks so.. well...right!!

Hmmm a "how to" ill see what I can do it was pretty quick to be honest. I started with a top coat of RLM 75 Then a thin mix of gunze RLM76 (about 60% thinner 40% paint) at around 12 psi with the nozzle close to the surface about 3cm away if you have a dual action airbrush screw the trigger lock up so you just get a 3mm line on a piece of plasticard. I then drew a rounded ziz zag on the surface in small areas I then went in a rounded zigzag in the another direction overlaying the first pattern. It is important to not do your overlays in right angles I will post some pictures of the process at some point when I get some more plasticard 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grunhertz said:

Hmmm a "how to" ill see what I can do it was pretty quick to be honest. I started with a top coat of RLM 75 Then a thin mix of gunze RLM76 (about 60% thinner 40% paint) at around 12 psi with the nozzle close to the surface about 3cm away if you have a dual action airbrush screw the trigger lock up so you just get a 3mm line on a piece of plasticard. I then drew a rounded ziz zag on the surface in small areas I then went in a rounded zigzag in the another direction overlaying the first pattern. It is important to not do your overlays in right angles I will post some pictures of the process at some point when I get some more plasticard 

Thank you.. I look forward to it.

• Like 1