The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Struggling for motivation, haven't accomplished anything significant for a few months now.

IMG20210510125144.thumb.jpg.45eb915f0f3c30e014122b6c922b755a.jpg

So, back to riveting I go. Something mind-numbingly mundane, yet still requiring concentration.

S

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Wumm said:

Struggling for motivation, haven't accomplished anything significant for a few months now.

IMG20210510125144.thumb.jpg.45eb915f0f3c30e014122b6c922b755a.jpg

So, back to riveting I go. Something mind-numbingly mundane, yet still requiring concentration.

S

I'm with you. Since my last heart attack, I've had zero interest in the bench. Very little motivation of anything really. I'm going to see some counseling for depression and anxiety.  I hope it works.....harv

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

I'm nowhere near ready to start on Trumpy's A-7E, but I received the Avionix cockpit in the mail the other day. I thought I'd see what was required to get it to fit. All my previous resin cockpits have been from Aires, and I've always had lots of work required to get them to fit.

First impression: the level of detail is impressive, and the casting is top notch.

DSCN2586-1.jpg

There were some interference issue with the intake; twenty minutes with the Dremel on the bottom side took care of that.

DSCN2585-1.jpg

The Avionix pit fits like a glove! Zero sanding on the neither the sides of the casting nor on the fuselage halves. A couple of swipes with a sanding stick on the cockpit sidewalls, and they fit perfectly.

DSCN2584-1.jpg

On the down side, the set include resin only. There are no instrument faces for the IP, and no photoetch. But for half the price of the Aires offering, I'm very pleased. I must resist temptation...

• Like 10

4 hours ago, harv said:

I'm with you. Since my last heart attack, I've had zero interest in the bench. Very little motivation of anything really. I'm going to see some counseling for depression and anxiety.  I hope it works.....harv

Chin up Harv, you could always try Naked Twister...

No, not the game; it's where your house and all your clothes get blown away!

S

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Not as clean as above presented work, but I’m certainly having lots of fun with the old Revell’s Wildcat. 

A2BEE946-9463-4073-9A66-83B7CB718D96.jpeg

D767B328-48C9-4F2C-B498-79F21DCCA6E1.jpeg

2CE1493A-5C68-42FE-878D-543612F00FFD.jpeg

In my early days, that Revell Wildcat was one of my favorites!

• Like 6

I haven't had much to contribute to the thread as well, everything is on my bench. 

PXL_20210514_003607439.thumb.jpg.af034d2bd49ec265afb1a35cbc0761fd.jpg

The Corsair is under there somewhere along with everything else in the vicinity of my bench.  That's due to the ongoing reorganization and renovation in the basement  I'm hoping to finally get the renovation part done this weekend. Then I can finish the reorganization and finally get back to gluing bits of plastic together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I haven't had much to contribute to the thread as well, everything is on my bench. 

Carl we need photos of a clear tidy space et al Hubert before commencing with building……….go on we dare you……..:sofa:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Wildcats, Hellcats and some untidy cats, sounds like a zoo here :D. I primed my Hellcat and chose a new approach with using black and white gloss paint to emphasize a little 3D effect as a base layer for the paintjob, which will naturally need to be a little translucent. As I will freehand the three tone camo, I will join the tail and wings later with the fuselage, for an easy workflow..

IMG_8735.thumb.JPG.b447f94882ec090be44bde695f86025c.JPG

It took me some time to find the matching red color for the cat mouth. The sides with the fangs will either be decals (left on the pic) or wet transfers from HGW (right) The best matching color was Scale 75's 'Baal Crimson', which I dotted onto the transfer material to test. Interestingly the HGW transfers doesn't cover the bloodshots in the eyes, where the Eduard decals have an extra decal to apply onto the eye decal. 

IMG_8736.thumb.JPG.284f7ae57102a668f961e1d78186d6d3.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Stunning Mark, the paint work is incredible….

1 hour ago, harv said:

For sure !....harv

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Definitely!

53 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Absolutely stunning in every aspect.

Cheers Rob

Thank you all

Mark

• Like 5

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

PXL_20210514_003607439.thumb.jpg.af034d2bd49ec265afb1a35cbc0761fd.jpg

The Corsair is under there somewhere along with everything else in the vicinity of my bench.  That's due to the ongoing reorganization and renovation in the basement  I'm hoping to finally get the renovation part done this weekend. Then I can finish the reorganization and finally get back to gluing bits of plastic together.

There's a bench in there? :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Carl we need photos of a clear tidy space et al Hubert before commencing with building……….go on we dare you……..:sofa:

That's the plan Phil. The bench is getting moved from the middle of the basement where it currently sits to one end. I'll be building a separate bench for painting too which should either:

1) create less mess on the building bench 

Or 

2) let me make a bigger mess on the building bench due to more space. 

Hopefully it's the former. :D

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Somewhere. Best proof of that is there's room for the chair underneath. 

Which will end up having a Cat on it, who are we kidding?

More bench space = more started kits for Carl. 

S

• Like 1
  • Haha 5