The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

1 hour ago, Wumm said:

How do you get anything done in that work environment, Carl?

Steve, it's everywhere here too. You can even pick your colour: black, white, orange or brown. Then add your selection of length: short, medium or long. And of course lastly gauge: fine or coarse. :lol:

To be honest, I pretty much have to wipe down as I go and I also keep a small desktop vacuum on the bench.

I'm looking forward to the new bench and finally having a dedicated paint bench. 

Carl

• Like 4

Started getting the new bench space ready. I finished removing the false walls and cleaned up the corner. Instead of dirt I found concrete. It looks like at some point, one of the previous owners poured a second slab of concrete 4" thick on top of the original floor.

PXL_20210422_143656315.thumb.jpg.66d4bbbc4d9a5fcf67084ee18c0de2dd.jpg

I stopped by one of our local hardware stores and was able to grab 6 bags of concrete mix. Man, that stuff is heavy.

Mixes them up and poured the floor in to make it all level. 

PXL_20210422_155443669.thumb.jpg.dbceafd0810c257188a460db978faf80.jpg

Used up 5 bags so if anyone needs a 30kg bag of cement, let me know. :lol:

Now to let it dry and hope I did it right.

PXL_20210422_143701359.jpg

• Like 9

20 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I stopped by one of our local hardware stores and was able to grab 6 bags of concrete mix

Concrete mix, tss, tss, tss, I would have thought you know better Carl. Casted resin is the stuff to go, no bubbles no irritations, if done right and the level of detail, is incredible :D.

Cheers Rob

• Haha 7

58 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Concrete mix, tss, tss, tss, I would have thought you know better Carl. Casted resin is the stuff to go, no bubbles no irritations, if done right and the level of detail, is incredible :D.

Cheers Rob

I was going to try and 3D print the patch but I couldn't find a scanner big enough. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 4/23/2021 at 5:02 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

Started getting the new bench space ready. I finished removing the false walls and cleaned up the corner. Instead of dirt I found concrete. It looks like at some point, one of the previous owners poured a second slab of concrete 4" thick on top of the original floor.

PXL_20210422_143656315.thumb.jpg.66d4bbbc4d9a5fcf67084ee18c0de2dd.jpg

I stopped by one of our local hardware stores and was able to grab 6 bags of concrete mix. Man, that stuff is heavy.

Mixes them up and poured the floor in to make it all level. 

PXL_20210422_155443669.thumb.jpg.dbceafd0810c257188a460db978faf80.jpg

Used up 5 bags so if anyone needs a 30kg bag of cement, let me know. :lol:

Now to let it dry and hope I did it right.

PXL_20210422_143701359.jpg

Some nice work...  however, this little space reminds me of too many horror movies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

Some nice work...  however, this little space reminds me of too many horror movies.

To be honest, I was afraid to take the wall down not knowing what was behind it. Years ago, our architect wanted me to take a panel out and see what was behind it and I said no. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I started a little side project, as a mojo refueler. It's an Eduard 1/48 F6F3 Hellcat almost oob, beside the juicy Brassin engine and some HGW wet transfers.
As always, surgery first, I cut the cowling panels according to the resin substitutes and cleaned all the resin engine parts. For panel cutting, I used my new razor saw and I really don't know, how I could have lived without one. There is nearly no sanding necessary after cutting and the cuts are so precise and fine, I could use the removed parts as a substitute again.

Cheers Rob

IMG_8698.thumb.JPG.48c8e7c39728d2f5fcba1f439699c7a9.JPG

• Like 10

Today, I thought, I would prime the Hellcat engine and interior, but the PE framings for the cowlings were delicate and time consuming to add, as they were glued flat onto the plastic, without attachment points.

Cheers Rob

IMG_8712.thumb.JPG.f0e1105a5cabc5e5bf5262ef9be70597.JPG

• Like 7