Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Trying to learn how assemble Tamiya kits. 

1. Remove sprues from clear bags. 

2. Place back inside kit box. Do not give in to temptation and use a larger box as it can throw off the fit.

3. Loosen bottle cap on a full bottle of Tamiya extra thin cement. If you're in a pinch, you can use regular Tamiya cement but no more than 1/2 bottle. Lemonine cement is out unless you like citrus. 

4. Put lid back on box. Shake the box in a semicircular motion. If building a Spitfire, while shaking the box, repeat the sacred chant "Takka! Takka! Takka!".

5. After 1 min, open the box lid and pour a couple drops of the lower camo colours. Shake for 10 seconds. Then open the box and add a couple drops of the upper camo colours. Repeat. Let dry for 24 hours before the next step. 

6. Finally cut apart the decal sheet and put those in the box. Give it one swift up and down motion. This is why Tamiya decals are so thick. They need to withstand the high G load of application.

7. For the last time, open the box and now remove your completed Tamiya kit and admire your workmanship.

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

On 7/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, Martinnfb said:

Cleaned up and staged everything as if I was just a regular, healthy individual :)

image.thumb.jpg.44e0ec59a2b94e3ba104a90695cffccb.jpg

That is the bench of a very disturbed mind....:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Ugliest one. Hence out of the box. Trying to learn how assemble Tamiya kits. 

image.jpg

Nice start Martin but gotta disagree as I think the MkXVI is the coolest looking Spitfire. It's the only Tamiya one I've built. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

CF-18. Here's what got me to take it out. An Aires cockpit that fits without making everything paper thin.

That's a new aspect of addiction, like I found that brass barrel in my AM stash, that what gets me starting an 1/32 USS Missouri :D. Or, I never would've build that plane, without having bought that resin exhaust beforehand. I love our hobby.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, DocRob said:

That's a new aspect of addiction, like I found that brass barrel in my AM stash, that what gets me starting an 1/32 USS Missouri :D. Or, I never would've build that plane, without having bought that resin exhaust beforehand. I love our hobby.

Cheers Rob

Or doing it backwards and getting the AM first. I wanted to get the Trumpeter 1/32 F/A18-F. I started buying the AM I wanted - intakes, burner cans, decals but couldn't find the kit at a reasonable price. I gave up after a couple years and sold the AM bits off. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, krow113 said:

Pelvic shenanigans set me back 6 weeks production.

I heal well so I can get back to it quickly.

Here is a pile of formatted wood, crazy maple and juniper , ready for a crib board run.

IMG_8083.JPG

"Pelvic shenanigans" ?????  HHHmmmmmm:ph34r::rofl: BEAUTIFUL wood.... that would make a gorgeous laminated cutting board.... all joking aside, Steve, I do sincerely hope you are on the mend...

• Like 6