Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

The Ki-9 is coming along Nicely the upper wing is being a little fiddly but decided to super glue the middle Tamy on the L/wing,slide in the R/side strut and Tamy that one.The rigging is simple what they show not real but I will play just substituting thinner wire I have for a guitar.She purty.;)

yes I touched up the pit got unlazy😋

KI9 001.JPG

KI9 002.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Anyone considering the new Airfix 1/24 Spit? Too big for me and I'm waiting for the Kotare Spit.

I've been considering the airfix or the Tamiya. I like Big but I also like good fit....so probably the Tamiya wins out. It's been years since I've built a Spitfire.... The last one

was the original ,'70s Airfix 1/24 Spitfire.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, KevinM said:

The Ki-9 is coming along Nicely the upper wing is being a little fiddly but decided to super glue the middle Tamy on the L/wing,slide in the R/side strut and Tamy that one.The rigging is simple what they show not real but I will play just substituting thinner wire I have for a guitar.She purty.;)

KI9 001.JPG

KI9 002.JPG

That's looking very nice!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finishing up on the M51...decals and tools on .....a semi- gloss cote followed by

Testor's dullcote flat. I really liked this kit...a fun build of a really cool Frankenstein's

Monster of a Sherman... demonstrating Israeli ingenuity and will.. I highly recommend

this kit. I like the way it turned out...but not without its problems.. A broken idler wheel

shaft required some ingenuity of my own to repair, but got it figured.

To sum up; one cool Sherman...enjoyable build.

DSCN0959_kindlephoto-46226316.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Anyone considering the new Airfix 1/24 Spit? Too big for me and I'm waiting for the Kotare Spit.

I do, I don't have a large scale Spitfire in my stash, only two MK. 16 in 48 scale with some PE and resin. I never built a Spitfire so I'm considering.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

13 hours ago, KevinM said:

Nice little birdy, Kevin, I always wanted to do an orange Japanese plane. What's the orange color you used?

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Finishing up on the M51...decals and tools on .....a semi- gloss cote followed by

Testor's dullcote flat. I really liked this kit...a fun build of a really cool Frankenstein's

Monster of a Sherman... demonstrating Israeli ingenuity and will.. I highly recommend

this kit. I like the way it turned out...but not without its problems.. A broken idler wheel

shaft required some ingenuity of my own to repair, but got it figured.

To sum up; one cool Sherman...enjoyable build.

DSCN0959_kindlephoto-46226316.jpg

Paul

One good looking Sherman - 'Super Build'

• Like 2

17 hours ago, KevinM said:

KI9 001.JPG

KI9 002.JPG

Kev

Looking mighty good - you sure have the golden touch for these types of kits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DocRob said:

What's the orange color you used?

It's Floquils "Reefer Orange" been out of production for 20+ years.Floquils paint could be sprayed straight from the bottle and came in a 2oz bottle I have enough to do one more 1/48.I have a  Aichi M6A done up in the same scheme if I remember right was testing stage.;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Please will some remind in the future not to attempt to finish two tanks and a halftrack all at the same time. What with three different weathering palettes plus markings to do plus tools and road wheels etc etc….. it’s getting a little daunting………roll on the GB but I will finish this trip first……🤪

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

I didn’t know what to do with this tank , so it has become a test mule for some pigment combinations . :)

AF969CA2-F748-4203-979D-D4CD54E88AAD.jpeg

D1AEB1E4-9E6A-4B6D-B857-FE960E55BF7E.jpeg

I like the dusty look you've put on it Martin. That British penchant for counterweights at the muzzle end of potentially nice looking tanks gun made some ugly.  I hear the Tamiya kit is a breeze.  My advice for armor modellers:  If Tamiya makes it and you dont need hyper detail... Buy Tamiya!  Never, ever buy Italeri, Airfix, Academy, Miniart, Trumpeter, or any 'cheap' brands.  If you want more detail, try Meng or Dragon.  Out there close to Tamiya ranks Takom.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I like the dusty look you've put on it Martin. That British penchant for counterweights at the muzzle end of potentially nice looking tanks gun made some ugly.  I hear the Tamiya kit is a breeze.  My advice for armor modellers:  If Tamiya makes it and you dont need hyper detail... Buy Tamiya!  Never, ever buy Italeri, Airfix, Academy, Miniart, Trumpeter, or any 'cheap' brands.  If you want more detail, try Meng or Dragon.  Out there close to Tamiya ranks Takom.

Totally agree Gaz, finishing up Tamiya  Pz III L, it’s pretty devoid  of any detail and has rubber bands………..……..I’d add RFM to be fairly close to Dragon, never built Meng

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Totally agree Gaz, finishing up Tamiya  Pz III L, it’s pretty devoid  of any detail and has rubber bands………..……..I’d add RFM to be fairly close to Dragon, never built Meng

Ahh....   yep.  I forgot RFM.  I built the Meng Leopard 2a4.  Faultless, really...   with workable tracks that go together easily.

• Like 6

I've been holding off on starting another build until the GB on Jan 1, so this is what is on my bench right now:

The desk is ready to go!

image.thumb.jpeg.c97392310167aa93080b9faf7dbbb7b5.jpeg

Storage baskets for the sprues and bins for assemblies in progress is ready to roll:

image.thumb.jpeg.20aaff80561a806ec98ad88953ecb290.jpeg

Happy holidays everyone!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1