The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

45 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

I hate you Smithy :), plus what Carl said already. 

We have Sofia’s friend over for a playdate , but Nobody wants to eat my lamb bagels. Punks.....

image.jpg

Heathens! But alas they are kids and know not what they're missing

• Like 2

17 hours ago, smitty44 said:

20190618_133452.jpg

I am jealous, and envious.................... I have NEVER had an opportunity to try tuna like this........ just dry crap out of a can....... man that looks tasty.........

15 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I hate you Smithy :), plus what Carl said already. 

We have Sofia’s friend over for a playdate , but Nobody wants to eat my lamb bagels. Punks.....

image.jpg

Those look SO good........ next time I'm in Cow Town , Buddy !:rolleyes:

19 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

I don't know why but wasabi in my mouth just feels like grainy green toothpaste. I don't sense any heat at all, but I eat all types of chili peppers and I feel that just fine.

Horseradish irritates the nose whilst chili's irritate the mouth.  So different kinds of burn.  Your sniffer working alright?  Or maybe you've had some weak/old wasabi.  Horseradish's effect weakens over time in storage, no matter how it is prepared.  I have bought some jars and been entirely disappointed.  If you let a good batch get to the back of your tongue, right under those holes in the roof of your mouth... that should wake you up.

• Like 4

I can smell horseradish pretty well, I think. Not a big fan of that either; likely because it just wasn't around when I was growing up. My grandmother was into sweet slaws and such. I can tell it has an edge to it, but the actual smell as opposed to the burn puts me off. I also don't do bitter things. Coffee always smells like burning plant oils to me; which once was a point of irony for me when I rotated to café manager as part of my general management training when I worked for Borders Books. It's hard to recommend an item you don't take part in, but hey training has to train, right? But regarding wasabi--my wife gets sushi on a fairly regular basis and even if storage is an issue, I would hope that I got a good batch at least once or there are going to be questions.

As far as chilies go, I've had a wide variety in both mouth and eyes, so I can handle the heat.

• Like 3

Interesting...  Coffee always smells better than it tastes to most ppl I know.  But to each his own.  I'm not a big chili lover.  I like a bit of Zing in my chili con carne...  but if it get's uncomfortable to eat, then it's no good.

I got cousins and uncles who pride themselves on being able to eat things that would strip the lining of a stomach...  But they must have a different gene...lol

• Like 3

On 6/1/2019 at 7:19 AM, DocRob said:

Couldn't resist, I'm so happy and got 5 kilos of freshly caught Peto or White Tuna or Wahoo or whatever it is called in other places on the market today for nearly nada.

Cheers Rob

IMG_6218.thumb.JPG.5c9dded7b626379c542f8d9a3cc1be84.JPG

Or as the Hawaiians call it ONO

• Like 4

Not my bench this time... But someone else's.

On my rounds yesterday, I came across this sight through the front window of a House I was delivering to.

IMG20190619144506.thumb.jpg.f7a271751df6e7eece713f528949639f.jpg

On closer inspection, someone inside had Model Kits spread out over the table. So I sent the photo to my Wife to show her... You know; here's a kindred spirit, someone like me, who also occasionally let's their Hobby invade a little of the shared living space, and that it might not be such a bad thing after all.

IMG_20190620_220815.thumb.jpg.096efdb5f14b4ead5e31ecbbf2642917.jpg

Her reaction?

"Oh, can we have a Cat?"

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We have Cocker Spaniels, so there's hair on everything already.

There's a cute Calico on our daily walk route; my Wife's Girl thinks she's a Dog like her, and I let her go off-lead and they both roll around on the ground together!

IMG_20190621_082519.thumb.jpg.8ec0d73bb3363999b5f99203bbbefd47.jpg

Such an awesome Cat, so full of personality.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Such an awesome Cat, so full of personality

That's one way to describe a Calico cat. Another is to say they're nuts :D

When I was talking to our vet about our cat and how she behaves, the vet said:

"Well, she's a Calico...."

And that was it. 

Here's my two bench companions in a moment of solitude.

DSC_0557-L.jpg

• Like 5