The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Few weeks ago I ordered a barrel for my T-34 number183 factory. It arrived on Friday. Since the kit is almost done I had to get me the Zvezda kit, yesterday.

Basic assembly is almost done. I have to say Zvezda‘s new mold is better then Academy, not by far, but better  .image.thumb.jpg.830e7df69444e5dc13a618738866fceb.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Few weeks ago I ordered a barrel for my T-34 number183 factory. It arrived on Friday. Since the kit is almost done I had to get me the Zvezda kit, yesterday.

Basic assembly is almost done. I have to say Zvezda‘s new mold is better then Academy, not by far, but better  .image.thumb.jpg.830e7df69444e5dc13a618738866fceb.jpg

Nice pair of Russkies.

• Like 4

Here is that huge inter cooler assembly.

48413360412_ebe51c2cfb_h.jpgP-47 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

Fit was pretty good, but I did add strip to the rear of the assembly to tighten it up to the air exit port.

48413360137_095cda4c48_h.jpgP-47 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

I also added a chunk of plastic to center the port in the opening.

48413360322_8cb42de87f_h.jpgP-47 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

And added strip to the spine to tighten the joint up....

48413212346_f71a727c7d_h.jpgP-47 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

If you don't follow the directions and and attach the spine insert to each half instead of as a drop in unit it really fits well.

48413212476_3682e994f7_h.jpgP-47 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Looking good Martin, come to think about it, I’ve ever built one Russian tank, a JS2.............

• Like 3

Yes agreed, my experience with fitting these types of inserts seems to be far better at an earlier stage when the 2 fuse halves are apart.

The IP panel is also interesting, yes it is clear and you are to place a acetate sheet with dials behind it, but there is molded relief on the faces of the glazing spoiling the optical clarity.

I'll get some pics up, but looks like it wont fit my painting style and I will likely modify and paint over it.

• Like 5

I'm hoping to get three IJN fighters on the table for my local show in September. In addition to the Rex I posted previously, here's the venerable Revell mid-wing George. Scratch built cockpit, recasts of the Hasegawa N1K2 wheel bays and eventually Model Master cannon barrels. Complete rescribe of the beast, too.

DSCN2193-1.jpg

DSCN2192-1.jpg

DSCN2194-1.jpg

And the Z-M Shinden...

DSCN2196-1.jpg

• Like 5

I need to clear the [expletive deleted] Picket Boat off the bench so I can get a running start on the next project.  I’ve had some of these waiting so long that the spiders living in the boxes have had time to evolve into entirely new species...!

That pile of ModelSpace boxes on the floor?  That’s 24 out of 25 shipments of the ModelSpace Millennium Falcon...  the last box should arrive this week...  and i’ve already squirreled away a boatload of aftermarket mods to make it even more fun... whenever I get to it! :construction:

113FCD16-25D7-4066-AF2D-CD8D6BE76D87.jpeg

863699FB-75D4-401D-9AA6-5CA49DCC7DE3.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, crazypoet said:

I need to clear the [expletive deleted] Picket Boat off the bench so I can get a running start on the next project.  I’ve had some of these waiting so long that the spiders living in the boxes have had time to evolve into entirely new species...!

That pile of ModelSpace boxes on the floor?  That’s 24 out of 25 shipments of the ModelSpace Millennium Falcon...  the last box should arrive this week...  and i’ve already squirreled away a boatload of aftermarket mods to make it even more fun... whenever I get to it! :construction:

113FCD16-25D7-4066-AF2D-CD8D6BE76D87.jpeg

863699FB-75D4-401D-9AA6-5CA49DCC7DE3.jpeg

Glad to see some other nut paid for the Deag Falcon! If you need the 100a correction kit, let me know I have 2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1