The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

On 2/23/2021 at 10:46 PM, HubertB said:

In this case, it is like the resin manufacturers want the printing process to be a nerdy thing « only for the initiated » :secret:

To illustrate my point: most resins for DLP printers have a in-process curing time of 6 to 8 seconds for a 50 microns layer.

in the case of the resin that is supposed to produce cristal-clear, non-yellowing parts (Phrozen SC-801 - not cheap at a minimum of 120 € for one liter) I finally found-out that the time setting was supposed to be ... 20 seconds ! You would think that they would write something down on the label :wallbash: !

Oh well, you live and learn as they say :ph34r:

Hubert

Good on ya!

However it may come to pass that the substance you put all that time into getting to work , may just be discontinued because you were the only one who got it to work!

Then you will be re-applying your skills to the next substance all at your own cost!

You will agree that the computer has enhanced out lives.

You may not agree that the computer has degraded the way we treat each other.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Yes, one of these days I’ll finish Speedy, then start on ?Hood with all AM known to mankind

I’ve got two other warships to build before I even think of buying another.  One already has a ton of AM that came with it, and the other requires an upgrade set that costs $250AUD.  I’m hoping that some day before I lose the ability to model, a 1/200 scale Hipper or Prinz Eugen gets released by somebody.   

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Bill_S said:

I've been on an engine kick of late...

20210215-160112-1.jpg

20210215-160122-1.jpg

20210215-160143-1.jpg

20210215-160230-1.jpg

Also, my two Fokkers are nearing completion...

DSCN2557-1.jpg

DSCN2556-1.jpg

Those two D.VII’s and those engines look outstanding, Bill!

On a slightly related note...  is the proper pronunciation of Fokker done with a long ‘O’ sound, or a flat ‘O’ sound?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

On a slightly related note...  is the proper pronunciation of Fokker done with a long ‘O’ sound, or a flat ‘O’ sound?

Nothing long about the 'O', it's a short 'O' as in 'Rocker' or 'mock' or ;) Rob.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

I do confess, I do have a ship model in the stash. My father inlaws repair ship. Vulcan class. USS Hector. I think its 1/700. Only about 7 in long..I waited a year to come back in stock....harv

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Nothing long about the 'O', it's a short 'O' as in 'Rocker' or 'mock' or ;) Rob.

Cheers Rob

I thought you may be along soon enough Rob...

Isn't 'Fokker' Dutch anyway? At least with German there are rules.

Crazy Dutchies with their salty Licorice and little Pancakes.

S

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Wumm said:

I thought you may be along soon enough Rob...

Isn't 'Fokker' Dutch anyway? At least with German there are rules.

Crazy Dutchies with their salty Licorice and little Pancakes.

I don't know about the pancakes, but the company Fokker was found in my old hometown of Berlin in 1912. After 1918 the company moved to the Netherlands. Anton Herman Gerard „Anthony" Fokker, the founder, was born on Java, a Dutch colony by the time.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

• Administrators

We need more ship builds here, but just remember, MSW is there for ships, so cross post as needed.

Plus remember, 1/48 is cool here. We ain't anal. just build 'em big, and build on a large scale.  :)

Not like me, with my meager production.

On that Corsair, I have a feeling I'll have spent more time on the cockpit and engine than I did on the entire rest of the build.  the center section is like a kid's snap together kit.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

We need more ship builds here, but just remember, MSW is there for ships, so cross post as needed.

Plus remember, 1/48 is cool here. We ain't anal. just build 'em big, and build on a large scale.  :)

Not like me, with my meager production.

On that Corsair, I have a feeling I'll have spent more time on the cockpit and engine than I did on the entire rest of the build.  the center section is like a kid's snap together kit.

Who is MSW?

• Like 3

• Administrators
5 hours ago, DocRob said:

I don't know about the pancakes, but the company Fokker was found in my old hometown of Berlin in 1912. After 1918 the company moved to the Netherlands. Anton Herman Gerard „Anthony" Fokker, the founder, was born on Java, a Dutch colony by the time.

Cheers Rob

Fokker was THE undisputed American civil aircraft King in the late 20s up until the Douglas DC series. 

The Universal put him on the map, his Trimotors were leaps and bounds better than the Fords. 

If it wasn’t for shoddy maintenance work on the wooden wings, it might be Fokker and Douglas instead of Boeing and Douglas. 

But Tony Fokker was as set in his ways and immovable as Henry Ford.  He refused to accept new technology and his airplane’s performance eventually overtaxed his still WW1 construction processes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I didn't end up starting the sub. Instead I've decided on something more complex involving my LSM Christmas raffle prizes from the last two years. 

PXL_20210227_062114596.thumb.jpg.3d704bfe6b4455c7cd6cffe7047d97c9.jpg

The year before I got a Special Hobby Tempest from Harv. It came with a resin engine but I picked up the Barracuda nose for it. Then last year I got the PCM kit from Krow so I thought I might as well put that engine to use. Should be interesting.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I didn't end up starting the sub. Instead I've decided on something more complex involving my LSM Christmas raffle prizes from the last two years. 

PXL_20210227_062114596.thumb.jpg.3d704bfe6b4455c7cd6cffe7047d97c9.jpg

The year before I got a Special Hobby Tempest from Harv. It came with a resin engine but I picked up the Barracuda nose for it. Then last year I got the PCM kit from Krow so I thought I might as well put that engine to use. Should be interesting.

Awww....  I was looking fora warship buddy.  Anyway...  should be cool to watch you put them together.

• Like 5