Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

JohnB

Yep, ANOTHER CORSAIR!

Recommended Posts

Sweet looking pit, John!  How many HP was that engine supposed to produce?

 

Gaz

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good, John.  The birdcage is my favorite.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Sweet looking pit, John!  How many HP was that engine supposed to produce?

 

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. Something like 2000 I think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikester said:

Looking good, John.  The birdcage is my favorite.

Thank you Mike. The -1 and the -1D are both favorites of mine. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Wonderful work John!  Might we see an RNZAF one sometime??

Keep up the inspiring job mate

Thanks Anthony. Maybe at some point. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John, 

I do truly enjoy your well done, well thought out builds.  This build was nothing less than excellent.  There is a few corsairs in my future.  I assure you I will be looking at many of your builds as my template.  I look forward to your next corsair build and have also enjoyed your P-47 and -40 builds

-Frank

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Sweet looking pit, John!  How many HP was that engine supposed to produce?

 

Gaz

If I may so bold Gaz,  I dont think the engine produces HP for John.  Just more corsairs, of which I am of great appreciation.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SapperSix said:

John, 

I do truly enjoy your well done, well thought out builds.  This build was nothing less than excellent.  There is a few corsairs in my future.  I assure you I will be looking at many of your builds as my template.  I look forward to your next corsair build and have also enjoyed your P-47 and -40 builds

-Frank

 

Thanks Frank. Corsairs rule! LOL :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John

Beautiful work as always and will be following your progress each step of the way. Nothing like a Corsair build to jeep the juices flowing

Keep 'em comin

Peter

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Beautiful work as always and will be following your progress each step of the way. Nothing like a Corsair build to jeep the juices flowing

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. Agreed! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Martin. It's coming right along. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John

Incredible progress and you have the Tamiya Corsaurs down to a science. Looking mighty good and glad the wings are lowered. Besides the in the raised position, breaking the spar is easy to do, it’s a pain air brushing the fuselage around them.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Peter. The big plus for having the wings folded is it saves display space. I folded the wings on 3 of my previous builds but decided not to on this one as you rarely saw the ground based a/c with their wings folded. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John

Completely agree and on my next Corsair, yes there will be a third, the wings will be down and locked.

Peter

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Completely agree and on my next Corsair, yes there will be a third, the wings will be down and locked.

Peter

Glad to see there will be a third. They are like potato chips. You can't eat/build just one! LOL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice progress John. I've yet to build one with the wings folded but there will have to be at least one that way. 

Carl

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice progress John. I've yet to build one with the wings folded but there will have to be at least one that way. 

Carl

Thanks Carl. It's nice that Tamiya gives us the choice. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the seat belts from the kit or AM?

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, recon said:

Are the seat belts from the kit or AM?

Mike

The belts are by FineMolds Mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Painting nearly completed but still more to do then decaling and weathering.

 

2-23 001.jpg

White 13 profile web.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...