The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

P-47D-28RA Thunderbolt "Dottie Mae" finnished.

Guest DannyVM

Guest DannyVM

Finally......Republic P-47D-28RA Thunderbolt "Dottie Mae" is completely finished.

Today i did some final work on the ground work regarding making the snow covered landscape. Also, in the past few day's i painted Dottie in all her glory, sadly i have to say i once could paint a real dame but that was a long time ago. Still i tried to give her the look's she deserved. I tried to take some photo's to do the P-47D justice, just like Dottie as well. Hope you guy's and girl's like her.

I chose to represent the whole model like on the cartoon. I know, it's unrealistic due to the scarce clothing of Dottie and the very low temperatures, but i liked the setting, so........

3jhSC9Xl.jpg

kRuOEx7l.jpg

TXQVMAml.jpg

3Je31KTl.jpg

81MTJWxl.jpg

For the snow i use simply Micro Balloons. First i sprayed a wood glue-water mixture onto the base plate, then i covered it with micro balloons and as last i used some hair spray to fix all that.

G5Lmqtjl.jpg

ZMqgKiul.jpg

Sprt5fdl.jpg

z7zUWPtl.jpg

pHgtTLgl.jpg

Dottie herself is a 3D-printed figure. She was painted with Vallejo Model Color and Model Air.

Pxr36Nvl.jpg

cY9edIIl.jpg

qJeISAVl.jpg

NdTXVznl.jpg

Regards

Danny

Nice double Dottie Danny. Love the presentation in the snow. It's a beautiful plane, specially with that scheme and supports the look of the lightly clothed dame well.
You made her shine and it's a nice idea to depict the cover.

I'm thinking about something similar with my Lulu Belle (P-40N), where a corresponding resin Lulu exists.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

Guest DannyVM
1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Nice double Dottie Danny. Love the presentation in the snow. It's a beautiful plane, specially with that scheme and supports the look of the lightly clothed dame well.
You made her shine and it's a nice idea to depict the cover.

I'm thinking about something similar with my Lulu Belle (P-40N), where a corresponding resin Lulu exists.

Cheers Rob

Thank's Rob. Looking forward to see Lulu finished mate.

1 hour ago, harv said:

Looking great my friend!!........harv :unworthy:

Thank's mate.:thumbsup2:

• Administrators

Looking lovely, Danny.  The fact that Dottie herself is beautiful as well, is a real bonus. She'd definitely be one of those ladies who would make my head swivel on automatic.

Oh, and nice P-47 too!  :)

The presentation is perfect, and I'm very impressed.

• Like 2

Guest DannyVM
9 hours ago, GusMac said:

Lovely result Danny and a great save on the Dottie decal.

Thank's mate.I also really am glad to see Dottie back in all her glory onto the cowl.

8 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Looking lovely, Danny.  The fact that Dottie herself is beautiful as well, is a real bonus. She'd definitely be one of those ladies who would make my head swivel on automatic.

Oh, and nice P-47 too!  :)

The presentation is perfect, and I'm very impressed.

Thank's Ernie for the nice comment.:thumbsup2: Well i tried to make her as beautiful like on the drawing. Still my figure painting skills are a little bit rusted these day's:(

39 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

That's really a great piece, Danny!  I like it a lot!

Gaz

Thank's Gaz:thumbsup2:

Guest DannyVM
On 2/5/2019 at 4:01 PM, Martinnfb said:

Really nice, snow base and all !

Cheers

M.

Thank's Martin.:thumbsup2:

On 2/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, Mikester said:

Superb build, Danny!

Thank's Mike.:thumbsup2:

Guest DannyVM
29 minutes ago, joeg said:

A great job! I admire your figure painting skills!:unworthy:

Thank's.:thumbsup2: my figure skills are a little bit rusted. I need to paint more figures i supose.

Guest DannyVM

Thank's Phil.:thumbsup2: I've this big pot of micro balloons for a long time. In fact i used it to mix it with epoxy glue for giving more filling power. the idea came from a guy who own's a internet modelling shop. He said the snow that is sold to use for diorama's is just micro balloons, so i gave it a try.