The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya P-51D on the bench

Currently working on another Tamiya P-51D (my 8th). Here is the scheme I plan to use. As these markings aren't available in 1/32 I've made them by scanning a 1/48 Aero Master sheet, resizing and then printing on clear decal paper with my laser printer. WIP photos soon.

Short Fuse.jpg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Bomber_County said:

Best days work we ever did...........you ought to collect a couple of pics of each and posted them here..........

I have photos in my files of all my builds Phil.

Here's one of my Mustangs.

P-51D.jpg

• Like 9

John

I remember every one going back a lot of years. Each and everyone, a gem! Looking forward to following your journey.

Just thought I would chime in with one of mine, as we built them pretty much the same time.

myPeFm.jpg

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 6

Do you guys EVER slop any paint or bust a piece???  John, your builds are just plain stunning, and Peter, that pic is amazing ( I hate that word but I can't think of anything else...)  Geez, you guys....... I can only dream of doing this kind of work..................... I will say I thoroughly enjoy watching your stuff come together.... attention to detail is absolutely perfect.........

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Do you guys EVER slop any paint or bust a piece???  John, your builds are just plain stunning, and Peter, that pic is amazing ( I hate that word but I can't think of anything else...)  Geez, you guys....... I can only dream of doing this kind of work..................... I will say I thoroughly enjoy watching your stuff come together.... attention to detail is absolutely perfect.........

I'm glad you like the results of my efforts Jeff. :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's been about 3 weeks so I guess it's time for a couple of pics. Cockpit just about completed (I haven't attached the throttle yet because I'm sure I'd knock it off and lose it as the build progresses).

3-21 006.jpg

3-21 005.jpg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

This is looking nice, John. I remember Peter's and your builds. They inspired me to build one too.

Thanks Ernie. The crappy photos really don't do it justice as it looks much better "in person" LOL. :)

• Like 3