The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

wow......... gas $$$

Jeff

So, on the local news just now, they said the gas price in Vancouver BC has spiked to $1.69 /liter ( about the same as a U.S. quart) to the rough equivalent of $7.60  a gallon........... the 'expert' said because they are changing to the 'more expensive' summer fuel and there are a couple refineries down for 'maintenance', and we seem to be competing with the whole west coast of North America for gas,................. he said  it is well expected to go to  $2.25/ liter.... OR $10.12 per gallon.................:hsmack:........................ HUH................ I am wondering why my consumer products are so expensive..??...... I guess the Corvette will sit this summer......... which will mean LESS $$ for ICBC......... as we here in BC have the highest road tax/ fuel taxes, and the new raised 'Carbon Tax' rate all put up by the Provincial Government.................................... our Premier said, "its' not the Government's fault'............................... huh...... must have been something I said I guess......................................:blink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here in Australia I'm currently paying AUD 1.49 for diesel.   But I'm not a huge driving fanatic and I live close to work.  A $70 fill-up lasts me about three weeks.  Still, the wages are good here. 

UK taxes are amazingly high.  Must be paying for all of those CCTV cameras that are everywhere.

Gaz

• Like 4

all of you guys are STILL 1/2 price of what we pay in BC...... infuriating..............................................................sigh......................................................................................:blink:

• Like 3

Jeff, I remember when I visited Vancouver a few years ago and saw what the price of gas was I couldn't believe it. I thought it was bad here in Toronto but that's nuts. We're currently around $1.26  a litre here and $1.12 if you can go to Costco. Earlier this year it was 0.89¢!

Carl

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Jeff, I remember when I visited Vancouver a few years ago and saw what the price of gas was I couldn't believe it. I thought it was bad here in Toronto but that's nuts. We're currently around $1.26  a litre here and $1.12 if you can go to Costco. Earlier this year it was 0.89¢!

Carl

No kidding Carl, and it just gets worse and worse, our wonderful Premier just smirks and says not his problem, and if the new guy gets in , in Alberta,next week, it sounds like we are in for a world of hurt, as he is going to shut the taps off, he says, because our guy won't let the pipe be built.......................... hhhmmmm THEY have their petty squabbles and WE pay?...................... is there something fundamentally wrong there, or is it just me?  They argue, and I get punished................. some one needs Dr. Phil............................................. not too sure it's me........ and , aren't they supposed to work for me, and not the other way around??  I will get off my soap box now as I don't want to be banned, here, but holy cow, those ridiculously inflated prices sure take the fun out of life, some days................. we are in a bad spot here, as we don't have any other choices locally..... no Costco...:( and all private stations so we are handcuffed.......:X:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b1254b8ea1a2610850e73fb2fb462822.jpeg

And you thought yours was high priced!!!!!!  only in California 

Well, we are about the same... ours works out to 7.60 a gallon ( US gallon) .................................and ......................why do we put up with this stuff......? Some 'experts' say there is VAST untapped resources of oil still yet to be pumped........................... I guess it is a legal license to steal from us...............   yeah Martin, I hear you LOUD and CLEAR about the stuff that is going on here.................... I'm just waiting to see what happens tomorrow......... in Alberta................you guys are screwed if she gets in and if he gets in WE will be diddled........... I think I may be packing up and moving in with Harv.........geez................................

• Like 1

We are screwed both ways . Common sense is the music of the past. I am truly in limbo about to whom to cast my vote. If AB politicians are throning another province with cutting off the strategic supply ??? And federal government is pretending that everything is ok.  Even Putin doesn't pull that kind of @!%# .

( not sure if political discussion is allowed, if not , I will delete the above)

• Like 1

When the realization of what Canada has become sinks in perhaps change may occur.

Young people are just  beginning to ask; "Where is all the money going?"

Another 50 years of organised theft , I think , is left before anything happens.

• Like 2

I wish that would be the case , however if you look at out educational system, we are basically raising generation of losers. The premise is" just try your best" and you will get the prize anyway. ....

I've been volunteering at local elementary school, helping with kids, especially boys since they are short on male staff. The general attitude of the age group 6 to 8 is " I don't have to, what's the point of trying anyway ? "

10 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I wish that would be the case , however if you look at out educational system, we are basically raising generation of losers. The premise is" just try your best" and you will get the prize anyway. ....

I've been volunteering at local elementary school, helping with kids, especially boys since they are short on male staff. The general attitude of the age group 6 to 8 is " I don't have to, what's the point of trying anyway ? "

You guys are hitting right on the head, I have a 16 year old niece, who, ............. are you guys sitting down................... who  CANNOT Read regular HANDWRITING !   Are they Kidding???? Ask any kid from any European country and I would venture to bet they can not only  'read' hand writing but CAN write, AND read it and write it in more languages than ONE  ............ also there is an idea that most want the top job at the top salary without having to earn it like the rest of us..... huh......  I sure did it wrong, I was at the bottom longer than I was at the top...... hhhhmmmmm

• Like 2