The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Bad weather

harv

Tony it's going NE from here. Found out what the outage is. My neighbor,  Bevs uncle, lightning hit one of his trees and it fell nocking through main power line. No telling how long its gonna be out. Could be tomorrow before we have power back, or longer........harv

• Like 4

1 hour ago, harv said:

Tony it's going NE from here. Found out what the outage is. My neighbor,  Bevs uncle, lightning hit one of his trees and it fell nocking through main power line. No telling how long its gonna be out. Could be tomorrow before we have power back, or longer........harv

Ah.  We have a cell moving in that just put us in a Tornado warning.  Gotta love this time of year in our area.  I'm glad your ok up there and stay safe. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thankfully the rotation never dropped here yesterday but it looks like we've got round 2 coming this afternoon.  I'm used to spring shenanigans as a born and raised southerner, but I can't help but wonder what all the Californians moving here think of our Spring weather.  They certainly don't get storms topping out at 70,000' out there.

• Like 4

Stay safe guys. We're mostly just getting rain but there's enough of it east of us that there's been some bad floods. 

Ottawa has declared a state of emergency and so has parts of Montreal and other towns in Quebec.

Carl

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TJTX said:

Thankfully the rotation never dropped here yesterday but it looks like we've got round 2 coming this afternoon.  I'm used to spring shenanigans as a born and raised southerner, but I can't help but wonder what all the Californians moving here think of our Spring weather.  They certainly don't get storms topping out at 70,000' out there.

I witnessed a tornado made of fire like that last summer

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

I witnessed a tornado made of fire like that last summer

I'll give you that one.  Thankfully we don't have the fires and earthquakes that you guys have to deal with.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Stay safe guys. We're mostly just getting rain but there's enough of it east of us that there's been some bad floods. 

Ottawa has declared a state of emergency and so has parts of Montreal and other towns in Quebec.

Carl

Carl.............. Ottawa has been 'a state of emergency' for a LOT of years................................:rofl:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Well, we’re inland, so we should be safe from a...

AF6D49B3-B17B-48FB-8FAD-CEC2F708B42E.jpeg

Who knows ? If Bruce Willis fails to stop the next forthcoming meteorite, and does not save the world for the umpteenth time,  then you might see the Ocean coming to you :nuke:

Hubert, who has seen Armageddon and 2012 too many times ...

• Like 3