The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/35 Tiger 1 - Late Production.

I was doing some research on Tigers in Normandy, came across this idea for a diorama..........all pictures are for research and reference only.........

84D86F11-64DD-4B3F-BEE6-B92B4F178E5B.thumb.jpeg.3a911a3dae68ad5ea80a979cf49bfe17.jpeg

Also I had never seen Tigers with zimmerit and sporting extra track links on the glacia..........

9275CA96-1B74-4972-BF85-D607FC21FB8B.thumb.jpeg.f9675bb7fcdd1ca62a351ab059d643be.jpeg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Jeff said:

That must've been a hell of an explosion to flip that Tiger on it's lid eh ??  Phil, your Tiger is lookin the bit man, I love it......

13 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Jeff, not sure what would flip it like that and not destroy it?

Carpet bombing.  Panzer Lehr division.  Schwere Panzer Abteilung 503 and others...  virtually wiped out.  Richard von Rosen was a platoon commander in SPzAbt 503.  in his book he related that many of the units Tigers got flipped or obliterated.  Those that survived were rendered ineffective because the shock had knocked the optics out of alignment with the barrels.

• Like 5

On 7/29/2019 at 9:34 AM, GazzaS said:

Carpet bombing.  Panzer Lehr division.  Schwere Panzer Abteilung 503 and others...  virtually wiped out.  Richard von Rosen was a platoon commander in SPzAbt 503.  in his book he related that many of the units Tigers got flipped or obliterated.  Those that survived were rendered ineffective because the shock had knocked the optics out of alignment with the barrels.

I've got the Leo Marriott and Simon Forty book 'Normandy Battlefields: Bocage & Breakout' and it has some great pictures of the effect of this on the Panzer Lehr as the prelude to Operation Cobra west of St Lo. For a unit that only really came into being in early 1944 it was effectively wiped out at least twice before the end of that year!

• Like 4

Metal on a heavy metal subject, what could fit better :D, seriously, your beefed up Tiger is looking good and I can understand how you enjoy adding the PE. Mostly I love working with PE too, but sometimes it can be a pain, when t gets really complicated specially with gluing points as big as a hairs diameter. For fenders and sheet parts like the exhaust covers there is no better material.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3