The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Show us your IPMS USA Nationals Haul

Clunkmeister

I hate to be nosy, but how much are you guys spending.........? Ryan, that is a fantastic haul, and probably a once in a life time thing ( it would be for me as I live so far away), did that break that piggy bank? I do suppose there are deals to be had though eh? You got some VERY cool stuff.......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

I hate to be nosy, but how much are you guys spending.........? Ryan, that is a fantastic haul, and probably a once in a life time thing ( it would be for me as I live so far away), did that break that piggy bank? I do suppose there are deals to be had though eh? You got some VERY cool stuff.......

I generally save up for Telford, Ryan but still set myself a budget unless there is a big ticket item I want 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

I spend a lot on the Hobby Jeff, I don’t smoke or drink or have car restorations or even golf.

My only vice is the modeling hobby.

I certainly have a number in mind when visiting these large shows and try to keep to that budget.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

I’m pretty much the same, Telford is my one big shop of the year for everything.......I just take cash so when it’s gone it’s gone.......I usually drive home swearing that I wish I had got ..............regret is a downer..........

I walked on a $25 1/32 Hasegawa P-40, that is my one show regret!

• Like 5

I kept it light - added a 1:32 Trumpeter P-40B and scored one of the Tamiya prototype P-38 in 1:48

unfortunately Eduard closed their booth before I could go hunting for P-40 parts - i’ll have to shop their after-party online, dammit!

image.jpg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Good haul, thought the ZM 152 was discontinued? I need one if it isn’t......

They had a few H0s and H1s at the show. I bought the last H0 they had. They had 2 or 3 H1s left as of yesterday.

They had 1 Do335 A-12 left when I got there late Thursday and I didn't pull the trigger. It was gone the next morning. :wallbash:

• Like 4

• Administrators
6 hours ago, crazypoet said:

...And I wore myself down and nabbed the Trumpeter 1:200 USS Arizona and a White Ensign PE set for same

Good deal!  I bought the 1/200 Pontos detail Up set for my Hood and will get the corrected turrets from Shapeways. I’d like to do her on one of her 1930s South Pacific show the flag cruises. 

• Like 5

• Administrators

I found one vendor, Joe’s Models, impossible to deal with. At about 1000 Saturday I went over and asked what he’d take on an Amodel Brabazon and Tupolev 114.  He actually told me to wait, grabbed new tags and remarked them 30 dollars more each saying it was a mistake and we can negotiate from there. 

I guess my look of disbelief said it all as he suddenly went off on me and then everyone there.  He literally hollered “get out of my booth you fat f0ck” and then then when everyone shopping looked up shocked he said “and -0all the rest of you cheap focking modelers to. I hate you focking modelers.”   It was funny if it wasn’t so sad, because the Brabazon was an excellent price. 

• Like 4

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

What !? That sounds like a lowest of low or rather one very ugly manic episode. Sorry to hear that, especially in settings like that.

EDIT: I guess it's good that I didn't go this year :ph34r:

It is what it is. He lost more than my money. He lost other sales, but most of all, he lost the respect of everyone who heard him.

In other news I was able to pick up three overtree E-1 sets from Eduard for my 1930s conversions. And as everyone knows, E-1s are getting expensive and hard to find.

• Like 4

That's crazy and not someone who should be in retail sales.

I had the opposite happen at a Honda dealership once. They had a brand new Acura in the used department as they had closed their sister Acura dealership. It was a current model so out of curiosity I asked how much and was told $26K for a $33K car. I said "What?!! $26K are you kidding??!!!". The sales guy replies "Ok, $25K then!".

I should have bought it. 

Carl

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I found one vendor, Joe’s Models, impossible to deal with. At about 1000 Saturday I went over and asked what he’d take on an Amodel Brabazon and Tupolev 114.  He actually told me to wait, grabbed new tags and remarked them 30 dollars more each saying it was a mistake and we can negotiate from there. 

I guess my look of disbelief said it all as he suddenly went off on me and then everyone there.  He literally hollered “get out of my booth you fat f0ck” and then then when everyone shopping looked up shocked he said “and -0all the rest of you cheap focking modelers to. I hate you focking modelers.”   It was funny if it wasn’t so sad, because the Brabazon was an excellent price. 

Wow, holy crap! Well That dude ain't gonna be invited back! Sounds like he was a flipper only there to make money and not in the hobby. Where was he from? Thats a good excuse for a blanket party latter on...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

I walked on a $25 1/32 Hasegawa P-40, that is my one show regret!

If I saw it I would have grabbed it. I got two of the rarer boxing’s of the Hasegawa P’47’s for $37.50 each though. My regret was not picking up a third. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I’m forwarding this screen shot to the local IPMS president, he is friends with most of the guys from Chattanooga. I think they need to ban this d**khead.

i negotiated two kits from 120 down to $70, the lady was awesome and said she would rather have someone who will build it have them than have them sit around. It just goes to show that some get how business works, and others don’t.

rule one...don’t an a$$hole!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Sounds like a pr!ck that needs his ass whipped. I don't recall running across him or his booth but he just checked my Fock that Pr!ck box.  

• Like 2