Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Share how COVID-19 Quarantine has affected you.

1to1scale

10 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

1585361616311-png.png.e4c1b76c18474390c2550012ea1d7a43.png

10 hours ago, smitty44 said:

That's the best meme I have ever seen, Martin!

Content edited ...

Just my :2c:

Hubert

Edited by HubertB
Referred to a suppressed post.
  • Like 4

My intention was not to have a political rant, but to just share experiences with how we are all in this together. After all, no matter what our individual governments are doing, we are still being affected. Please keep this thread civil and just share how things are going for you. 

myself, this is now day 18, the governor has now ordered a “safer at home” directive here in TN, as things are still getting worse.

I have become the defacto delivery man & head chef for my family, and am doing my best to home school my son, but he is not getting anywhere near the education he is used to. I have a feeling things will get even worse here.

...but positive news, the gov has waived the open container law, so now you can order alcoholic beverages from any place that serves food for pickup or delivery! Yay...Mojitos and margaritas this weekend! Wait a minute...every day is a weekend now.

• Like 5

Here in NSW we are in lockdown. One must have specific reason to go outdoors. 

People in NSW are living under Australia's toughest coronavirus lockdown and face fines of up to $11,000 if they break the rules.

The State Government has warned the new laws, which came into effect at midnight on Monday, could be in place for weeks.

It has issued guidelines clarifying when it's OK to leave the house.

Here's what you can leave your home for:

• Work, if a person can't work from home
  • School or an educational institution
  • Shops for food and other essential items
  • Get medical care
  • Exercise, but only if the exercise is done alone or with one other person
  • NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller said 13 tickets had been issued so far for infringements of the new laws.

"The reality is the messaging that the Premier and Chief Health Officer have been giving over the last weeks and months has not been getting through to some people," he said.

Beyond those essential reasons for leaving the home, the Government has provided a list which would "excuse" somebody being outside.

It includes:

• Fleeing an unsafe home, so to avoid injury or illness
  • Dealing with an emergency or on compassionate grounds
  • Providing care or helping a vulnerable relative/person
  • Taking your child to childcare
  • Attending a wedding (adhering to the five-person limit) or a funeral (adhering to a 10-person limit)
  • Moving house or moving between two places of residence
  • Donating blood
  • Fulfilling legal obligations
  • Accessing support services such as employment services, mental services etc
  • Fulfilling parental sharing arrangements of children (the Government says those conditions shouldn't change and children can move between homes)
  • Going to a place of worship or to provide pastoral care, if you are a priest, minister or member of a religious order.
  • The police have the power to deliver on-the-spot fines of $1,000 to individuals who breach those rules.

The maximum penalty that can be given by a court is $11,000 and six months in jail.

For anybody who is outside their house, they can only be with one other person unless they're part of your immediate family or are housemates.

The same rule applies for having another person over to your house.

If you are inside, there can only be two people gathered in that room, and social distancing must be adhered to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Australia Post has become snarky. :lol:

I wish our Correos (mail) would at least be snarky, I can't remember the look of the post women, because I haven't seen her since nearly two weeks :D.

• Like 5

On 4/1/2020 at 8:17 AM, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

If you are inside there can only be two people gathered in that room, and social distancing must be adhered to.

I would heartily suggest, that if you're already inside, it's probably too late for social distancing. Unless you're wearing Brad's HazMat suit of course.

It's all becoming quite confusing now. There are lists as long as your arm on what's accepted as an essential reason to be outside, and what's not. For instance...

Outdoors exercise is permitted, but recreation isn't. So you can lie on a mat alone in a park and do Yoga, but not flat on your back and sunbake. You can paddle out into the open Ocean on a Kayak, but not stop to throw in a line - unless you have a Commercial Fishing permit of course. Don't even think about taking out a Motor Vessel.

You can go for a drive in the country, but not get out at any point until you're back home again. But Taxis and Ubers are still operating. You can sit and have your hair done in a Salon, and have them bring you a coffee while your colour sets; but not sit in a Cafe or Restaurant by yourself as they are takeaway only. 

NSW health closed Bondi beach because there were too many people congregated together, yet on the same day allowed 2,700 passengers off a Cruise Liner and into the general population, 440 or which have subsequently tested positive for the Virus. Queensland police are stopping thousands of people from driving over the New South Wales border every day; inspecting licences and leaning into cars with no gloves or face masks on.

It's all becoming a little Orwellian for my liking.

• Like 5

Still too much blame-gaming and sensationalism from the media to get a coherent story about what is going on in reality. The current pieces of the puzzle are not adding up for me, and the reactions to this by some major players has me thinking some truly evil people are taking advantage to consolidate power.

• Like 3