The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Share how COVID-19 Quarantine has affected you.

1to1scale

About 20 minutes ago our doorbell rang, hmm that's strange, no one is supposed to be out. This bloke says "urr Hi, I was kinda drunk last night, drank from your hose then passed out on your lawn, I had to get taken home by the ambulance because I was too drunk to walk, I've also lost my car keys somewhere around, have you seen any keys this morning?". 

Apparently he was driving home drunk, needed a drink, stopped outside our house and proceeded to have a drink, pass out where either someone rang the cops or the cops found him. I never heard a thing. He copped a 1700 dollar fine for his effort (out without a reason during curfew) and now can't find his car keys....sigh....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BradG said:

Apparently he was driving home drunk, needed a drink, stopped outside our house and proceeded to have a drink, pass out where either someone rang the cops or the cops found him. I never heard a thing. He copped a 1700 dollar fine for his effort (out without a reason during curfew) and now can't find his car keys....sigh....

I don't suppose it was Steel Side bottom was it?

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/afl/he-doesnt-normally-drink-mcguire-details-how-pie-walked-out-the-wrong-door-halfnaked/news-story/7a697633f6555d55255d5138b818d10c

On a related note; how nice it was to see the AFL Commisioner with his whole Family in tow, along with other Football Notables all given clearance to enter Queensland tonight; when urgent medical cases from an hour south of the border are still being denied access to the State. It must be good to have friends in high places.

S

• Like 2

Mum decided in her infinite (or is that non existent) wisdom to get another cat during lockdown. We already have a 10 year old Tonkinese called Mylo, but she went out and bought a 5 year ex breeding female named Simone. Dad and I both warned her that this would not be good and Mylo would react badly. Fast forward 2 days, we have Simone chasing Mylo, claws and fur flying, hissing, growling and a general "I will murder you" vibe coming from Mylo and poor Simone hiding. Of coruse mum has the shits with me because apparently "I told you so" is something she didn't want to hear.

Anyways, anyone know any good ways to get the cats to like each other?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BradG said:

Mum decided in her infinite (or is that non existent) wisdom to get another cat during lockdown. We already have a 10 year old Tonkinese called Mylo, but she went out and bought a 5 year ex breeding female named Simone. Dad and I both warned her that this would not be good and Mylo would react badly. Fast forward 2 days, we have Simone chasing Mylo, claws and fur flying, hissing, growling and a general "I will murder you" vibe coming from Mylo and poor Simone hiding. Of coruse mum has the shits with me because apparently "I told you so" is something she didn't want to hear.

Anyways, anyone know any good ways to get the cats to like each other?

When my daughter split up with her husband, I got stuck with the dog.    I hate it.  And moreover, the thing is biting my dog on the neck causing sores.  I would love to see that dog gone.  But between wife and daughter, I'd be the most hated man on the planet.

Oh,...  and to stay on topic...  due to recent covid cases in my general area...  the same area where my modelling club meets...  this month's meeting has been cancelled.

Totally pissed off!

• Like 1

Looks like we will be locked in our houses for an additional 2 weeks down here. That leaves cricket season due to start 6 days after lock down ends. Have no fixture, have nothing at all plus I have no pants, jocks, no bat stuff and I haven't even oiled it. ugh.

• Like 4

Club season only started a couple of weeks back here and will end in a couple more! No competitive games at all, only friendlies. A few inter-club games were played before you were able to play other teams - always fun to bounce your own batsmen!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BradG said:

Have no fixture, have nothing at all plus I have no pants, jocks, no bat stuff and I haven't even oiled it. ugh.

For the benefit of our American or Continental European friends; who may now have the mental picture of Brad sitting on the couch dressed as Batman, naked from the waist down and holding an empty lotion bottle...

Unless your Cricket Bat has a polycoated face, you must rub it down regularly with linseed oil to keep the moisture in the wood. Cheap balls can often split the Willow.

I'll get my coat...

S

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Wumm said:

For the benefit of our American or Continental European friends; who may now have the mental picture of Brad sitting on the couch dressed as Batman, naked from the waist down and holding an empty lotion bottle...

Unless your Cricket Bat has a polycoated face, you must rub it down regularly with linseed oil to keep the moisture in the wood. Cheap balls can often split the Willow.

I'll get my coat...

S

it’s a more logical and prosaic explanation ... but the mental picture was certainly .... hmmm .... dare I say « poetic » ? 

:rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Hubert

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wumm said:

I'll get my coat...

S

Thanks , Steve, the mental pic I had of "Batman" Brad  , WAS a little difficult to get out of my head.................... and the 'nothing oiled' part ............ as Hubert mentioned was ' poetic' ...................:rofl:.................. and that was the BEST accidental humor I have read in a long time, it was quite funny, in an innocent way.... spot on !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BradG said:

Yeh sorry about that, I tend to forget that cricket has a language of it's own.

NEVER be sorry, it was good humor, and I for one got a chuckle out of it, that is what makes the world go around !! Great stuff............. loved it !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Well Brad your guys are over here (UK) for the T20 comp, it’s going to be broadcast of free to view TV as well, I think.........:rolleyes:........they definitely will not understand Silly Mid Off and Fine of Point...........

Or 'caught in slips' and 'I bowled a Maiden over'.

Box also required for Silly Mid Off of course (and mouthguard). I used to field @ Silly Mid On, you couldn't pay me to stand on the Off side though.

The 'box' kind of explained here...

S

• Like 2

Any sport that has the shortened, speedy version lasting 3-4 hours sounds as exciting as continental drift. The thought of playing for five days just blows my simple little mind. I tried to watch a game, but nothing seemed to happen for long periods, interspersed with a few seconds of action as everybody screams at the ref, I think the louder and longer the screaming, the greater the chance that the ref gets on your side. Also, when stuff actually happens, the commentators seem a bit put out, because it stops them talking about how it was when they played. Also, the balls are different colors, depending upon the time of day?!

I may not quite understand this sport.

• Like 1

A beautiful and strange game. When I lived in Berlin, I was playing Baseball in the German League System for 25 years. On one occasion, while having a training camp at the old Olympic fields in Berlin, there was a Cricket club training the place beside us. We decided on a mixed session an it was weird. We hardly could hit the hurled balls of the Cricket players, but the had the same difficulties hitting our pitches with their paddles.
We had loads of fun with the guys and lots of beer in the intercultural apres drinking and a bulk of nice memories.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I grew up with baseball and have watched a bit of cricket her in Aus.  Here is my unsolicited opinion:

Pro baseball...  sux...takes too long, too much BS.

Kids and teens baseball...  Fantastic!

Test Cricket:  Can really suck if the batsman is playing defensively.  I don't have three whole days to waste on one thing.

20/20....   great fun!