The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Armour advice regarding which to builb from these choices?

The Elefant would be my choice, for so long all we had was that ancient Nichimo Pachyderm. That or the Mutt, which would be a simple little build to start you off Dale.

S

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I have put the Frank aside until I practice my aerial wire work. I don't want to ruin my Frank. 

I probably should build the King Tiger due to it having a damaged box.

8 hours ago, Wumm said:

The Elefant would be my choice, for so long all we had was that ancient Nichimo Pachyderm. That or the Mutt, which would be a simple little build to start you off Dale.

S

Which is the Mutt? 

• Like 2

I haven't build any of your mentioned kits, but built Tamiya's BT-7, the ancestor of your Finnish BT-42 kit. I liked it a lot and it went together like a dream. It has single track links instead of rubber band tracks, which I prefer.
The Elefant and Tiger need Zimmerit and I believe it is not molded by Tamiya, so there is more trouble here.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interestingly the Tamiya Pz.II is the only 35' kit in existence to come with a ready made Rommel Bin for it. The kit is so cheap, it's worth buying just for that alone. I managed to get one of the last remaining Sovereign 2000 resin AM jobs for one of my Dragon kits ... I have a thing for the BT.42 after Mika's antics during Girls und Panzer - Der Film ... all to the soundtrack of the Säkkijärven Polkka.

Rog :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

.. I have a thing for the BT.42 after Mika's antics during Girls und Panzer - Der Film

Why did I know you'd be the one to bring up Girls und Panzer? :D

Nothing like watching a Tiger 1 do drift turns. I wanted to get the big T-28 tank after watching the film. The Dragon kit is hard to find these days. The BT-42 scene is great fun too. 

Carl

• Like 5

GuP is what got me started watching Anime ... and with all the nods to various nations and tank types - plenty of laughs :D

The "Auto Club Girls" Tiger is actually the Porsche Tiger (P) ... The engine ran the servos and the servos ran the drive train ... It was actually a pretty neat idea ... Just had too many teething issues (as per the Ferdinands at Kursk) ... I love how the girls first inclination with it is to go full Tokyo drift :D :D :D ... and then they have the "Boost" added later.

My favourite by far though is to watch the evolution of the Pz.38(t) ... Given the crews tendencies - the (eventual) Hetzer becomes the perfect troll wagon ... Poor old Momo (the gunner) can't hit the side of a barn door ... while Anzu, in the rare moments that she stops chewing on dried sweet potato and gets into the action, is a first rate sniper!! ...

The recent edition of the Mk.IV Male in Das Finale has been good also :)

Rog :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

No, that should be the Trumpeter kit (if it's 1/35). As far as I know Italeri does not make an E-25.

You are correct. I confused the two thinking the 1st photo was a hetzer. I really don't know much about armour subjects. However now I see another subject to learn. :thumbsup2:

• Like 3