The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

One completed build to share?

TJTX

3 hours ago, TJTX said:

If you had someone over to your house and you could only show them one of your completed builds, which one would it be?  Why?

Easy, I have a couple commission builds I did that I’m proud of, but my all time favorite is my Ki-84.

5212C2F3-7BBC-415D-8BE8-7E02BE436C8A.jpeg

• Like 10

Well, I could say it has to be the next one I will finish ;) . Besides, as I am builder rather than a collector, until very recently I had the habit of throwing away my finished kits afetr a few weeks or months gathering dust on the display shelves: a great way to solve the "where will I put it when finished ?"  dilemna :) .

Now I tend to keep my finished builds. Of those up-to-day survivors, the one I would want to show most is my Nieuport Sesquiplane racer. It is in my favourite subjects' league (Golden Age civilians and racers), it is a rare kit, it is also a high quality vacform - and thus a proof that vacform CAN be a great way to have a kit, when the manufacturer wants to put some efforts in selling something more reasonable than a mere blob of vague shapes on a plastic sheet.

Here are some beauty shots I did just after finishing it.

I hope you like it.

Hubert

DSC02276.JPG

DSC02275.JPG

DSC02259.JPG

DSC02277.JPG

DSC02274.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HubertB said:

Well, I could say it has to be the next one I will finish ;) . Besides, As I am builder rather than a collector, until very recently I had the habit of throwing away my finished kits afetr a few weeks or months gathering dust on the display shelves: a great way to solve the "where will I put it when finished ?"  dilemna :) .

Now I tend to keep my finished builds. Of those up-to-day survivors, the one I would want to show most is my Nieuport Sesquiplane racer. It is in my favourite subjects' league (Golden Age civilians and racers), it is a rare kit, it is also a high quality vacform - and thus a proof that vacform CAN be a great way to have a kit, when the manufacturer wants to put some efforts in selling something more reasonable than a mere blob of vague shapes on a plastic sheet.

Here are some beauty shots I did just after finishing it.

I hope you like it.

Hubert

DSC02276.JPG

DSC02275.JPG

DSC02259.JPG

DSC02277.JPG

DSC02274.JPG

That is a beauty!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TJTX said:

Of all the ones I've seen of yours that was my favorite one Mark.  I really enjoyed seeing it in person and I believe photos dont do it justice. 

Thanks, which is your favorite that you have done? I still like the P-40 you did.

• Like 4

All very nice builds ! I'd would say my P38M. Finished it a couple of years ago. Working on it here and there, it took me 6 yr. to finish it. I even got third place in a local show......harv

20210202_092801.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

Thanks, which is your favorite that you have done? I still like the P-40 you did.

The P-40 will always have a special place on the shelf.  Right now I'd say it's my F-16.  It means a lot because it was given to me by a good friend, and it got me through the stress and isolation of the March and April lockdown.   Also, I'm very pleased with how it looks.

20200418_094727.jpg

20200418_095047.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

On 2/2/2021 at 12:59 PM, TJTX said:

The P-40 will always have a special place on the shelf.  Right now I'd say it's my F-16.  It means a lot because it was given to me by a good friend, and it got me through the stress and isolation of the March and April lockdown.   Also, I'm very pleased with how it looks.

20200418_094727.jpg

20200418_095047.jpg

This one is on my “Must build” list. Got the decals as soon as they were available.  

• Like 5

Well, for me it's this one:

f1aLD9.jpg

I researched it from one B&W photo with no helpful caption.  I spent many hours poring over German civic heraldry to get the colors for the fuselage band.

3dyapv.jpg

I also got a lucky bit of help from a published author of WWI aircraft related books on the Jasta tail which helped me confine my heraldic researched to the German state of Saxony.

ocdAxO.jpg

It cost me two WNW Fokkers to make this kit, as I ruined the first.

And I'll never know how close my research took me to the real colors.  But the result was worth it.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Well, for me it's this one:

f1aLD9.jpg

I researched it from one B&W photo with no helpful caption.  I spent many hours poring over German civic heraldry to get the colors for the fuselage band.

3dyapv.jpg

I also got a lucky bit of help from a published author of WWI aircraft related books on the Jasta tail which helped me confine my heraldic researched to the German state of Saxony.

ocdAxO.jpg

It cost me two WNW Fokkers to make this kit, as I ruined the first.

And I'll never know how close my research took me to the real colors.  But the result was worth it.

FWIW, I REALLY like this and the research done for an accurate representation, it would be really cool to keep going on the research and see if there are any decendants of the pilot..... I bet they would find this an awesome thing to see...... I love the prop

• Like 5

Thank you, Jeff.  I never made much effort to get a pilot list of the Jasta.  But even if I did, there's nothing to tie the plane to other than the city colors and conjecture.  I really would have loved to have had a name.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 2/2/2021 at 10:54 AM, krow113 said:

All great models.

Hubert wins so far!

Here is Italeri's WW 2 Harley-Davidson as it would have looked after returning servicemen got through with them.

Bobber '47

image.thumb.jpeg.a338196464a1f43fcce7bff4fbc38e13.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b80d8ffd138d112c3fe000d958015000.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bc84fda39a6c278db076b4fa229f2aa5.jpeg

I want to kick that thing to life and see if it’s really true that “a 45 can do 45”.   One gotta love the WLA, although I’m kinda partial to the WLC...

• Like 3

• Administrators

I haven’t built much for me in the last few years, it’s been most commission stuff, 

the choice being between my PZL 11c and my Lanc conversion, which I’m still detailing a bit more with external ECM stuff, but it’d probably be the Lanc because I’m most proud of it.

2098B7AF-510B-4F76-96CD-18B6A6812549.jpeg

Well, on second thought, I’d rather this.

Sorry.

4E9FED66-9843-46EA-A23A-B8BD8AFA9075.jpeg

F49D06DF-4314-46CB-90A5-57B3A6AA2F35.jpeg

E82EA1CA-6177-42B7-A9BE-66FD27BA61DA.jpeg

C5CAF424-D7E9-4BDD-B8BB-DED90DD268D3.jpeg

B8C798A4-12D6-4549-8507-147FD82C1F0D.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1000 % with the Felixstowe, Ernie. Besides my interest for the bird triggered in the 80s by a fantastic set of drawings published on Scale Models, and the bewilderment of a dream come true when WnW released theirs, your build is the one that convinced me I could also do something (probably just passable ;) ) with my kit.

But the Lanc is « not bad ar all » :)

Hubert

• Like 6