The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

a new job?

mark31

Hello to you all

like some off you know im in the army for a long time

I joind in 1995 with the field artillery untill 2001 then i whent for the anti aircraft artillery

After a big reorganization off the army in 2007 i whent to the combat engineers

Now after 14 years doing the same job the give me the chance to go to another job

So now friday i will speak with the new boss and hopfully i get the new job

What i know so far is that i have a 3 month period to decied iff i will do the job for the rest off my carreer

But iff i look at the program in the futher this will be better for me and my family

So fingers crosed

Regards and sorry for my bad english

Mark

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

These are some fantastic news Mark, best of luck. 

Cheers

M.

Thanks I Will keep you posted

22 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

All the best for the chat......

Thanks

10 minutes ago, harv said:

Mark, best of luck to you. I know you enjoy your work.....harv

Thanks

When I know more you Will know it too

Mark

• Like 8

• 2 years later...

Hey there, thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you've had quite the journey in the army over the years. Transitioning to a new job after 14 years can be a big change, but it's great that you're open to it. Taking time to decide whether it's the right move for you and your family is smart. Best of luck with your meeting on Friday—I hope it goes well and you get the job you're aiming for. You could try Adkins and Cheurfi recruitment agency. They might have some helpful resources for your career transition. And don't worry about your English, it's totally understandable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Almost 3 years in this job an love every time off it.

Long days but great company.

Now this year my boss is going to retird.

So New challeges for me.

This job comes to a end.

Already planning on my next move where to go inthe army.

Mark

• Like 7

Hey Mark, I’m watching my son go through changes in his Army career as well.  He joined the National Guard after high school and put in about 10-11 years.  When he got serious about finishing up college I told him to check out officers pay and retirement.  He jumped on the Green to Gold program and got contracted in ROTC. 

He’s now in Virginia and started his Capt. Career Course training yesterday.  It’s funny listening to him bounce around ideas where he wants to go next.  Germany/Italy/Washington state and work port logistics/Texas…..he has no idea.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Mark

Always new challenges and rewards. I'm sure you will make the right choice when the time comes.

Thanks and yes i have 2 options before me at the moment.

By end off may i will now more.

5 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Hey Mark, I’m watching my son go through changes in his Army career as well.  He joined the National Guard after high school and put in about 10-11 years.  When he got serious about finishing up college I told him to check out officers pay and retirement.  He jumped on the Green to Gold program and got contracted in ROTC. 

He’s now in Virginia and started his Capt. Career Course training yesterday.  It’s funny listening to him bounce around ideas where he wants to go next.  Germany/Italy/Washington state and work port logistics/Texas…..he has no idea.  

Yes indeed.Thats life in the army one day you are there for a few years and the you go to another place.

Its a way off life .

Mark

• Like 4