The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Shizuoka show report

1 hour ago, mark31 said:

take a look on the pic on the right next to the italeri bike

DYXEiIF.jpg

Mark

yeah, I like the larger pic too,thanks... but I'm fearing it maybe 'diecast'?, BUT it mated with the D9R so maybe a kit.... either way it sure looks good

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

wow

i just scrolled through what felt like 500 pictures of pure 'meh'

absolutely nothing new in 1/32

see you next year

Right ??....harv

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, harv said:

Right ??....harv

yup

unless i missed something?

i was hoping against all hope that Tamiya would spring a surprise and release a new 1/32 WWII fighter...

hopes dashed :(

• Like 5

Zoukei-Mura have posted updates this week, announcing that their Fw-190 A-4 and Bf-109 G-14 kits are due for release next year. Their second Hs-129 offering was due this time last year, but Covid happened. It will likely be their next 1/32nd scale release.

https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/sentiment/oyajiblog_113.html?fbclid=IwAR3kUASPBRyFbqNzMW6ZVQX2qVgFMOOoKD11HfMo5Tkm_oaW9yjpkIe2aiE

On 5/17/2021 at 8:47 AM, JohnB said:

I didn't see any 1/32 WW II a/c kits.

New moulds are expensive. The Japanese manufacturers are competing with Heavy Industry, Automotive and Electronics manufacturers who are all experiencing shortages and delays in their supply chains. If you're a manufacturer and you have the capacity to make moulds and extrude plastic, who are you going to support... Hasegawa or Toyota? 

S

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hasegawa was apparently one of the larger creditors who lost money when Hobbico declared bankruptcy. As a result they may not have the capital to invest in newer kits except ones they know will sell. Hence re-pops and stuff aimed at the Japanese market. 

• Like 5

Eduard's annual revenue is $ 5.3 million USD, Tamiya America $ 1,7 million USD..  That is according to internet, however as Carl already hinted,  Shizuoka is geared up towards the local market. Nuremberg Toy Fair would be a different story.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

ZM kits look like a bit more than I want to bite off and chew.  But I think I will make an exception for these two.

Lots of chewing. Oh wait, I thought we were talking about Martin's dog.:sofa:

• Haha 6

Just now, BlrwestSiR said:

Lots of chewing. Oh wait, I thought we were talking about Martin's dog.:sofa:

I've got two large dogs here.  But they get real bones every day.  Either beef neck bones or beef marrow bones.  Except for a few of my wife's shoes, nothings been chewed since my youngest was a pup...  six years ago.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GazzaS said:

I've got two large dogs here.  But they get real bones every day.  Either beef neck bones or beef marrow bones.  Except for a few of my wife's shoes, nothings been chewed since my youngest was a pup...  six years ago.

My current dog wasn't a chewer. I still have all the stuffies she had as a puppy and they even have their content tags still on them. 

My sisters have had chewing monsters though. Between the two of them( one a Doberman/Shepard mix, the other a lab) they've detroyed

- closet full of shoes 

- Subaru rear shoulder belt (most expensive chew toy yet)

- solid wood school chair 

- too many leashes to count

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

My current dog wasn't a chewer. I still have all the stuffies she had as a puppy and they even have their content tags still on them. 

My sisters have had chewing monsters though. Between the two of them( one a Doberman/Shepard mix, the other a lab) they've detroyed

- closet full of shoes 

- Subaru rear shoulder belt (most expensive chew toy yet)

- solid wood school chair 

- too many leashes to count

Ouch!  How long was the dog in the Subaru?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Ouch!  How long was the dog in the Subaru?

My sister wass driving with the dog in the back, she looked in the rear view mirror and saw her  dog take the belt in her mouth and just bite through it . She couldn't believe how fast it happened. When she went to the dealer to ask for a replacement, they were confused. They'd never had to replace one before. 

This is her on the right. My dog is on the left with my parents' dog in the middle. 

ZoePippinandSasha-600x450.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, GazzaS said:

ZM kits look like a bit more than I want to bite off and chew.  But I think I will make an exception for these two.

Gaz, believe me when I say you have more enough talent to pull off a ZM, also I reckon you’d enjoy the experience……just never say never…….

• Like 5

22 hours ago, GazzaS said:

It looks overly complicated at first, but the breakdown of the Fw-190 fuselage parts will allow them to utilise different sprues for the early and late variants, which had different shaped radio hatches. They have also taken this approach to the wing lower surfaces, instead of the compromises made by both Hasegawa and Revell in this area. This modular construction isn't to everyone's liking, but it has it's advantages. You could always wait for the 'Basic' A-3 or A-5/6/7 versions which should be available soon after the initial release.

S

• Like 5

22 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

My sister wass driving with the dog in the back, she looked in the rear view mirror and saw her  dog take the belt in her mouth and just bite through it . She couldn't believe how fast it happened. When she went to the dealer to ask for a replacement, they were confused. They'd never had to replace one before. 

This is her on the right. My dog is on the left with my parents' dog in the middle. 

ZoePippinandSasha-600x450.jpg

As a kid I used to work for a newsagent who had a boxer which would eat anything. When he gave you a lift in his van you had to retrieve the seatbelt from behind a length of drainpipe which was there to stop the dog eating them. It had also 'nibbled' on the gear stick and seats so let's say the second hand value of the van wasn't much!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3