Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

New Spitfire Mk. 1 on the way!

Clunkmeister

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Well, these guys seem to have learnt the lesson that quality + iconic subject = cash flow.

Wishing them plenty more of all of the above.

Hubert

The Mk.1 is an iconic design, and quite possibly the purest Spitfire variant there is.  I can see one in bare metal for me.

• Like 6

• Administrators

This is actually a very good thing.  A Wingnut quality Spitfire 1.  The last Spitfire 1 we had was that 1960s Revell release, which, ironically enough, is pretty close to being the most accurate one out there. Hasegawa tried, and missed, but other than the underbelly/wing fillet, did a very credible job.

• Like 5

I'm not promising myself to buy just one 'cause that isn't going to happen ... it's just a case of how many. I've built three Tamiya Mustangs, two Spits, one Corsair with one in the stash and my prized Mossie. Looks like the Spits are going to take the lead

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

Even though not my favorite plane...   it is my favorite version of that plane.  Thankfully they used their heads and didn't whip out some interwar &(**%$!^, some unarmed @(&%, or some civilian %()(@.

I'm sure they'll be famous....   unless their next plane is a Fairey Battle, or Blackburn Skua.  Personally, I wouldn't turn my nose up at an early Tiffie....  or have those been "done to death"?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

Even though not my favorite plane...   it is my favorite version of that plane.  Thankfully they used their heads and didn't whip out some interwar &(**%$!^, some unarmed @(&%, or some civilian %()(@.

I take this remark personally, and resent it deeply, Gary 😩  😭 …. Why, oh why so much violence 🥴 ? (🤣 😂)

Hubert 😄

PS: the next big question is : will JohnB buy one, and then how many more will he churn out ? More than Corsairs ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, HubertB said:

I take this remark personally, and resent it deeply, Gary 😩  😭 …. Why, oh why so much violence 🥴 ? (🤣 😂)

Hubert 😄

PS: the next big question is : will JohnB buy one, and then how many more will he churn out ? More than Corsairs ?

I'm glad I didn't get your goat too much...   I knew you would approve.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

I'm glad I didn't get your goat too much...   I knew you would approve.

Me, I am contented with resin kits of some interwar &(**%$!^, some unarmed @(&%, or some civilian %()(@ , or even scratchbuilding some interwar &(**%$!^, some unarmed @(&%, or some civilian %()(@ :)  ^_^

Hubert, feeling cheeky and jestful …

PS: I just received the Lukgraph DH-90 Dragonfly. What a gorgeous kit of some interwar &(**%$!^, some unarmed @(&%, or some civilian %()(@ 😍 !

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

• Administrators
7 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I'm sure they'll be famous....   unless their next plane is a Fairey Battle, or Blackburn Skua.  Personally, I wouldn't turn my nose up at an early Tiffie....  or have those been "done to death"?

Well, my vote is for a Hawker Henley. 😇  For some odd misguided reason, I really love that plane.

• Like 3