The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

1/32 WNW Lancaster

Peterpools

7 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Border Models Announced they bought the rights to the WNW Lancaster and preorders will start around Christmas. The kit will be a limited production run (?)

Not sure if bought the rights is strictly accurate...

The Facebook post says they 'aquired the molds'. Reminiscent of the way Tibet was 'aquired' back in 1950.

S

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This means absolutely nothing, a.k.a. legally non-binding statement, so buy it now :) LOL

Quote:

"Due to many production troubles and mold maintenance issues, the product will be sold in limited quantities worldwide and will not be produced again for a certain period of time afterwards."

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

No matter the cost...   I just can't imagine finding a place to put the beast.   A while back, I was building the Monogram 1/48 B-29.  I was going to hang it on the wall inside a deep...   heh...  like 1-foot deep frame.  Alas, it was a project never finished as some part of my skillset could not meet my expectations.

I even assembled it on a special stand I made over a cruciform base.  Just like she said:  "you too beaucoup, GI".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Gaz

Completely agree and I remember the B-29. I've long wanted to spend a good few years building a few 32nd scale heavies:  B-17, B-24 and B-25 and all of which were never even purchased as reality smacked me right in the head: Where in the world would you put them? The answer: No where, as I haven't the room. .I still have the desire to build some of the heavies of WWII and add the Lancaster to that list as well but it's most likely going to be 72nd or 48th scale. Time will tell but 32nd scale just won't fit the real estate available.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Probably the best box art I've seen in decades. Just marvellous , the atmosphere is stunningly chilling.

Indeed... Its the same that would be used in Wnw boxart... 

I wonder if Border will launch the other WnW Lancaster version... 

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

Completely agree and I remember the B-29. I've long wanted to spend a good few years building a few 32nd scale heavies:  B-17, B-24 and B-25 and all of which were never even purchased as reality smacked me right in the head: Where in the world would you put them? The answer: No where, as I haven't the room. .I still have the desire to build some of the heavies of WWII and add the Lancaster to that list as well but it's most likely going to be 72nd or 48th scale. Time will tell but 32nd scale just won't fit the real estate available.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Peter see if you can find a museum that will display them after you build them.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Just seen the new Lanc at 4,330 HKD that equates to £410.00 GBP ………without shopping……..which of you if look at it rationally a Tamiya Mosquito is £220.00 rrp…..so it’s about the right money……….now I’m really intrigued

I've found Tamiya's Mosquito to be an odd one in terms of its pricing. It's been around the $230-240 CAD price range here in Canada which is not much more than the price out of Asia plus not needing to pay for shipping. 

Here's a new one. I checked Lucky Models' shipping cost on the Lanc and it's $110 CAD airmail to Canada but nearly $160CAD to the US. It's usually the other way around if not worse. Might have to consider this now. Of course the $30 slow boat option is there too.

• Confused 1

I suspect that half or more of the purchasers of this kit will speculators and collectors expecting that someday their newfound treasure will be worth something more than what they paid for it; they may even buy more than one.

Too big for my tastes but more than that, just too pricey.

cheers, Graham

2 minutes ago, ColonelKrypton said:

purchasers of this kit will speculators and collectors expecting that someday their newfound treasure will be worth something more than what they paid for it; they may even buy more 

Many a true word is spoken in jest, to quote Chaucer……..and the scalpers will begrudge everyone of the beauty of this kit…..

Too big for me, I could not find anywhere to keep it in one piece, plus it is slightly over my £100 limit for kit purchases, I did get a Tamiya Mosquito for exactly £100 at a show but I think that it was a one off as I have not seen it anywhere near that since.

I might think about breaking it for an IM 1/32 Defiant, Fulmar, Skua, Battle or a Barracuda but not by much.

Cheers

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, Lucky Model just started their holiday sale. Use the code Holiday22 and get 22% off the price.

That brings it down to...something less than it was before. 

And they're still offering $20 surface shipping for some countries. 

Carl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1