The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Addendum to the 2021 Christmas raffle. We have a winner ! HoHoHo !

HubertB

Holy &@@$ ! I’m speechless. Ok, ok deep breath Martin. Last few years was such a struggle and now this. 
apologies for my emotional outburst, but this feels really surreal. All I can say it’s THANK YOU for your generosity and kindness Hubert and everyone else involved.

I’m truly grateful, this is humbling. Thank You 🙏 

wait for it …….

871D9C88-EE8F-4CD1-BFCD-3E170C392105.jpeg

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

One more, waaaait for it :)

2D93FD5F-F519-43D9-B7DB-B0E38746254D.jpeg.d427b1b221f9fc37d8845d17df158ae7.jpeg

….wait , does it mean that now I have to print my 199 spinner myself ? ;)

Well, maybe. Since early December, life has been a bit hectic, and it's going to get even worse in the forthcoming weeks, as we have sold our house and have to move to another rented one in a month, whilst we soon start the building project of another house ...

In all honesty, you may well receive your printer before you receive the sipnner, Martin.

Hubert

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

… wait does it mean that now I become the local LSM 3D printing guy? :)

Thank You again Hubert. 

could you maybe suggest some useful resources for me to study,  in order to master the designing process and related software?

Cheers

Martin

438C6022-6992-4C8F-BC7E-69C7539D0EFC.jpeg

• Haha 7

For the software, I use Solidworks, but it is an expensive professional software. I'd recommend without hesitation Fusion 360. The licence is free for students and hobbyists.

Although not strictly necessary, you should look at the curing station by Anycubic (talk about a poisoned gift ;) ). It washes the parts from the uncured resin and then cures them under UV. Maybe as a second investment when you feel like you master it well enough.

If the weight of the parcel is OK I'll try to include some resin so that you can start playing :)

Hubert

PS: Pm me your address ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

… wait does it mean that now I become the local LSM 3D printing guy? :)

Yep!  I'm already working on my list of wants for you to print for me, let me know when your new printer is up and running and I'll start sending my lists of stuff for you to print for me! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Daywalker said:

Yep!  I'm already working on my list of wants for you to print for me, let me know when your new printer is up and running and I'll start sending my lists of stuff for you to print for me! 😁

Same here !.....harv

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Martin - I personally use Fusion 360, they have a "recreational use" license which is free and can be renewed each year.  I have only found a couple of things (can't remember them now unfortunately) that you are not allowed to do with the free license vs the professional version.  It takes a bit of practice, but I did find some excellent tutorials on YouTube that helped me get started.  One of the ones I found very easy to follow along with was a 30 day series by Product Design Online for complete beginners here.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1