The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

FW 190 A5 with friend

Hello all,

This my attempt at the Hasegawa 1/32 FW 190 A5 kit. I found this to be an easy and fun build. I was motivated by some great builds at the Vegas Nats. I was able to pick the kit and decals while I was there. I have always had a fondness for the Yellow and Black checker nose. Reminds me of the Ernst Kessler Bird from the Movie The Great Waldo Pepper.  I riveted the skin and used G factor landing gear, Barracuda wheels, Quinta cockpit and a mix of Model Master and AK Paints. Photos were done with my I phone.

Rod

Internet 1 Internet 2 Internet 3 Internet 4 Internet 5 Internet 8 Internet 6 Internet 10

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Rod Bettencourt said:

Hello all,

This my attempt at the Hasegawa 1/32 FW 190 A5 kit. I found this to be an easy and fun build. I was motivated by some great builds at the Vegas Nats. I was able to pick the kit and decals while I was there. I have always had a 

Stunning build Rod, yet again never build a 32nd Axis subject yet….. very tempting….

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AlanG said:

Rod. What decals are they? Also did you mask the checker yourself or are they AM ones?

Hi Alan,

These are Eagle Cal decals. I ended up having to paint most of the checkers due to I was unable to get the decals lay down without wrinkles. Hope this helps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/17/2022 at 5:48 PM, Daywalker said:

Brilliantly done!  Love your photography too, for a minute I thought I was looking at the real aircraft!

I thought the same thing very well done Rod!:notworthy:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...