Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

IJN Shimakaze - Hasegawa + Infini upgrades and other AM - FINISHED

Landlubber Mike

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Landlubber Mike said:

If you'd like, sure.  I'm very flattered that you would ask, there are a lot of incredible modelers here!

This is the nicest Tin Can build I’ve seen in a very long time, and your base is flawless

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

HOLY CRAP!  Mike, that’s amazing! I’m shaking my head in awe, and that’s no exaggeration

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

This is the nicest Tin Can build I’ve seen in a very long time, and your base is flawless

1 hour ago, GusMac said:

Stunning build. I'm in awe of anyone who can create realistic water bases and that's an absolute stunner. :notworthy:

What they said !

Hubert

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mike I like those figures much better I have some 3D but they are static all of them 200 I was like WTF.The water looks awesome Mike I have the Prinz Eugen set for water just need to finish her.Do you have a link for the figures?;)

• Like 6

These I believe were from Ion Models - I bought them on eBay and from Freetime Hobbies.  I also have figures from Tori Factory (bought from eBay - they came from Korea I believe) and Pro Studio (same thing).  They are resin and pretty easy to detach from the plugs, and come in many different poses.

I also have figures from Northstar - they stink!  Much bigger than the figures from the other companies, and worse yet, they are printed way too close on the same plug so it's almost impossible to paint and remove them without busting them.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Landlubber Mike said:

I also have figures from Northstar - they stink!

I was looking at there line for the 1/200 Kriegsmarine for the Sharnhorst build I may just order one kit for impression being 1/200 maybe OK??

• Like 3

I have a 1/200 Bismarck in the stash, and I bought a bunch of Northstar figures for it.  Lots of duplicates in the various sets, but they are fairly inexpensive if you can find them.

One warning about Northstar - I've had bad experiences ordering from them.  First time they told me they sent me "extras" as a gift.  Turns out a bunch of the items I ordered they gave me the wrong item and substituted different figures.  Then they apologized and said they would send me new ones, so I placed a second order (stupidly) and they never shipped it.  So, I definitely wouldn't buy directly from them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Mike

What can I say .. simply in a class by herself. Your build and water diorama are spectacular. I've always wanted to build a ship one day and at this stage of the game do not have the eyesight let alone the skills to even attempt one.  

• Like 2