The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell P-51 racer #69 done

I got started on this build a while back but set it aside until I could locate some thin black line decals. Luckily I was able to find some on the Microscale site. 1/64 was just right for the trim along the fuselage stripe so now I've been able to complete the model. I used my computer to make the #69 and printed it out on my laser printer. I painted the model with Tamiya acrylic gloss white. The stripes are Xtracolor FS14092 medium green which, I think, matches the color on the real a/c very well. I'm very pleased with the model and I hope y'all will like it too. :)

Please remember to click on the 1st photo for best resolution, etc. THANKS!

#69.jpg

12-20-22 001.jpg

12-20-22 002.jpg

12-20-22 003.jpg

12-20-22 005.jpg

12-20-22 004.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Sooo … #69 is the race number of this P-51 ? For a second I thought it was the number (so far) of kits you’d built this year ;)

And another 👍 for this one, John !

That's what modeling nerds associate with 69 :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Again, a beauty John. The sleek lines of your Mustang can only be surpassed with closing the canopy. The near monochrome paintjob enhances the racehorse looks. You inspired me to build a racer too, but it sticks in the not so fast mail / customs since over a month.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, HubertB said:

Sooo … #69 is the race number of this P-51 ? For a second I thought it was the number (so far) of kits you’d built this year ;)

And another 👍 for this one, John !

Hubert

LOL Hubert. Thanks!!!:)

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Again, a beauty John. The sleek lines of your Mustang can only be surpassed with closing the canopy. The near monochrome paintjob enhances the racehorse looks. You inspired me to build a racer too, but it sticks in the not so fast mail / customs since over a month.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob. I'm pleased that you like it. Since the #69 and the N number are special made using my computer and laser printer I figure this model will be the only one around. Truly, I believe, a one off. :)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

DONE????  Another beauty!  You finish your beautiful models in less time than it takes me to open a box and wash the sprues!  :beer:

I'm pleased that you like it Chris, thank you.:) Wash the sprues? Might be better to wash the PARTS ON the sprues. LOL Just kidding. 😄

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Flawless build - your paint and finish work on the Mustang is simply gorgeous and flawless. Another beauty for thew collection. 

Thanks Peter. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. One of my favorites now! :)

19 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Beautiful Mustang John, I really like it. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas .

Thanks Martin. I glad you like this one. I think it's a really attractive -51 which is why I decided to model it. :)

• Like 1