The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Devil 505 - "Feet wet", Trumpeter A-6A

Planning to build the Trumpy A-6A in 32nd, with AOA decals for the movie Flight of the Intruder. I plan to fictionalize the fictionalized A-6E's used in the movie by Using the proper painting of the A with proper stencils, and then use the AOA decals for the movie airplane with the AOA A-6A stencils. I MAY try to cut masks for the fictional "USS Shiloh" from the book. I read the book to shreds when I was young, and I still enjoy both it and the sequel.

So here's to Jake Grafton and Tiger Cole, Keep the faith shipmate!

l6Q7an6.jpg?1

TM0Ej77.jpg

UNfondled plastic... highly unusual in my stash! and I've had the kit since before the "rona"

3TOAbow.jpg

'Stickers'

m4gzU4Q.jpg?1

Thanks!

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

In a conundrum.. Folded or straight wings?

Anybody have thoughts on this? Model is quite large, and I can keep the wings "detachable"... Tough decision for sure. I really like the look with the boards cracked and full flaps....

• Like 4

When I was a new Marine stationed temporarily at El Toro, the A-6's were flying around, doing touch-and-gos, and all of that other stuff.  And one thing that struck me, was that while they were banking with the forward flaps deployed, how very red the primer colored areas looked.  Really stunning with the solid gray color.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In my opinion it's an A-team effort for sure. Solid steel undercarriage... Details are good and not overstated and the fit so far has been ok. There will be some filler needed under the intakes, and typical Trumpeter every single hatch that can be opened is...

But I give it a strong B- so not altogether bad.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Got back a couple days ago from run one of away-duties. so slapped some paint on the undercarriage and engines. the engines will be clsoed in so not much to be seen, but there are 2 holes in the cowl. a bit of practice for me then!

Z6rlNW3.jpg

v78iUCY.jpg

Still lots of detail parts to go through. 

Cheers

Harald

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1