The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Monogram 1/48 O-S2U Kingfisher

Peterpools

A grand trip back to 1967 building the Monogram Kingfisher. A fun build and the kit has held up well these past 56 years - a tribute to Monogram. Yellow Wing Decals with Tamiya Lacquer, Mr Color and MRP paints being used. Masking the canopy Greenhouse frames was a daunting job but, in the end, no issues.

DxKSBG.jpg

p2LIbB.jpg

IajjQA.jpg

SVYTra.jpg

wYsaoO.jpg

5hdnKW.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks John

Very much appreciated.  As it turned out, the Kingfisher offered a few more surprises then I had figured on but in the end was enjoyable project in the end. Just goes to show how far the hobby has come.

As T'ealC used to say "INDEED"! Hardly a comparison with todays kits. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Great watching the build, but your photos of the completed plane really do it justice.  It just looks so good!  You have to be pleased with the final result, even with all of the challenges - even more so because of the challenges.  Well done! :unworthy:

• Like 2

Very Much appreciated Gaz ... all in all, when the Kingfisher was completed, a fun little build back to the past. The hobby sure has changed since the days this kit was designed and brought to market. I should have used Revell tube glue, Testors and Pactra enamel paints in those tiny little jars.

• Like 2

Thanks Chris

You're so right as when she was finished and ready for her glamor shots, all the frustrations and go backs just are forgotten parts of the build. Surely will be visiting those days again for another adventure Back to the Past.

• Like 2

Thanks Ernie, very much appreciated. My favorite time period for military aviation: between the wars and for GA, 50" & 60's.

Hardest and most frustrating part of the build; masking the greenhouse and the stress crack. Of course, one was my fault and the other was just a reflection of the period - no AM at all.

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.