The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Stress relief in a box!!! Tamiya Corsair

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

I have to admit...   I'll take a easy good decal over some difficult masking every time.  Sharp work, John.

Thanks Gaz. Yes, I was very tempted to use the decals but, as it's turned out, the masking/painting went well. :)

51 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The yellow stripes really stand out nicely. Along with the white sections, they add some colour to the model. 

They sure do don't they Carl! At first I wasn't real sure I wanted to go that route but now I'm glad I did as I'm liking the way it's turning out. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

What number is this build John?  

If we ever have a Corsair group build, you’re going to be required to build it while blindfolded! 

I think it's number 16 or 17 Scott. Birdcage, -1A and -1D.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Your masking worked well.

Thanks Gaz. I was a little bit apprehensive about doing that but, yes, it did work out pretty well. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Winnie said:

Wow, just amazing fast progress. I have one in the stash, I guess one of these days I'll have to man up and build it!

Is there any way to do one wing folded and one normal?

Cheers

H

Thanks. Yes, you could do that. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Hi John

Yellow and white masking came out perfect - looks so good and adds a lot of 'pop' to the paint scheme.

Thanks Peter. :)

• Like 1

So when do you built the 1/32 aircraft carrier to put these on for display?   

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one that found a “niche” model they like to build.  
Apparently mine is the F-16 with 9 under my belt and 6 more in the stash.  Funny thing is, I like the Phantoms better but have only built 3 with something like 9 in the stash.  Go figure. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

So when do you built the 1/32 aircraft carrier to put these on for display?   

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one that found a “niche” model they like to build.  
Apparently mine is the F-16 with 9 under my belt and 6 more in the stash.  Funny thing is, I like the Phantoms better but have only built 3 with something like 9 in the stash.  Go figure. 

I know what you mean Scott. The Tamiya Corsairs, followed by their's and Revell's P-51's, are about my favorites. I think the only thing that could make the Tamiya P-51's better is new wings with smoothed over rivets. That's where Revell's '51's are a little better. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HubertB said:

Wow, John. Two weeks from start to RFI ! Is this your record ?

And the result is usually excellent !

Hubert, feeling dizzy just trying to follow your pace.

Thank you Hubert! No, I think my record build was something like 6 days or so. I don't remember what the kit was. LOL:)

• Like 2