Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What did you find under the Christmas tree?

Martinnfb

• Administrators

My wife got a David Yurman ring.  We got cleaned out by a cleaning lady earlier in the year, and she lost almost everything. 
Then, instead of regular stuff like ammo or boots, I bought her this to keep the squirrels nervous.     This thing is freaking INSANE fun. 

As for me? Not much, although I always ask for got socks and undergarments. 

IMG_1254.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

My wife got a David Yurman ring.  We got cleaned out by a cleaning lady earlier in the year, and she lost almost everything. 
Then, instead of regular stuff like ammo or boots, I bought her this to keep the squirrels nervous.     This thing is freaking INSANE fun. 

As for me? Not much, although I always ask for got socks and undergarments. 

IMG_1254.jpeg

Cool! I don't know if those are even allowed in Canada.

• Like 2

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Ernie, I have one of those. They are a blast!  

oops, forgot to mention my wife got me a small handgun safe for the bedroom since the grands are getting older.  

She got me one of those as well, for our nightstand.   Our nieces are over all the time and I’m sick of having to either lock it up, or carry it in a shoulder rig when thdyre there. So this is a much better choice. Hiding them up high is no longer an option. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Yea, this little monkey is only 2 1/2 but acts like he’s 4 or 5 and is into EVERYTHING!  IMG_1207.thumb.jpeg.c550336100462c6de6260b0b39c0f493.jpeg

I'm so glad ours are past that age. That being said, they're getting close to the one where they'll be asking for the car keys. 

• Haha 2

We had a really Nice/Quiet Christmas spent money on or nieces/nephews had dinner at a relatives house(TG was or house).The kids eyes lighting up was all I really needed the Wife/I opted out for each other this year after 40yrs together? our Son coming was all we really needed hopefully next month?Some cool stuff there guys and Ernie my wife would go crazy with that in the Spring time when those critters start digging in her flower beds.I see it now 430 f/s just enough to sting the crap out of them.:D

• Like 4

15 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I'm so glad ours are past that age. That being said, they're getting close to the one where they'll be asking for the car keys. 

Yea but with grands you just have to send them home with mom and dad.  😁 They can ask them, I’ve done my household fleet repair and astronomical insurance bills with 4 young drivers.

• Like 3

Not a lot modeling wise, but may help myself to the 1/12 Nunu Lotus 99. We had a quiet Christmas with our son, great food and Barbecue and some tiny wave surfing and great snorkeling.
One little gem for me showed up on our present table, a Veritas mini Block plane, which hopefully will ignite my urge to stay focused with my wooden model ship builds.

P1011029.thumb.JPG.941637263a6920cd3363ceb7733593c6.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 7

Well my wonderful supportive wife outdid herself this year.

I'm impressed, we each make a wish list every Christmas, as we have a spending limit you can only get so many things but you never know what until the big day which one you will get. This guaranties that you will get something you will like.

This is what came my way

Reference material

3Q2jrr.jpg

mGVa8i.jpg

Riveting stuff.

4Bxo07.jpg

And a posh stand, now the toilet roll and thick books can be retired from modelling work

4mjIOy.jpg

And in "action"

YObb57.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DocRob said:

Not a lot modeling wise, but may help myself to the 1/12 Nunu Lotus 99. We had a quiet Christmas with our son, great food and Barbecue and some tiny wave surfing and great snorkeling.
One little gem for me showed up on our present table, a Veritas mini Block plane, which hopefully will ignite my urge to stay focused with my wooden model ship builds.

P1011029.thumb.JPG.941637263a6920cd3363ceb7733593c6.JPG

Cheers Rob

Veritas are very nice hand tools. I have a couple of their block planes as well. 

I'm on the fence about the Lotus myself. I'd like to get it but NuNu/Beemax have announce an MP4/4 now so I may get that instead. 

• Like 4