The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

2 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

No big deal.....but seriously... BAGS ?

I've received kits shipped from Asia wrapped in bubble wrap and nothing else. Guess folks are trying to save on shipping costs. 

• Like 2

My replacement accessories set for my 1/16 Achilles arrived today. 

PXL_20240311_201556903.thumb.jpg.57041fb0dac632f96ef667178b5dacfa.jpg

It was sent directly from SOL to me and they even included a small bonus pack marked as a gift. I appreciate that along with their effort in correcting the error. 

PXL_20240311_201616592.thumb.jpg.ad67deb821decf0a1d28ffff0641625a.jpg

I also received the LEDs for the Cylon Raider. Time to try my hand at a custom lighting setup. 

PXL_20240311_201637372.thumb.jpg.ee580e2b3965d51490f60931dabcfc0f.jpg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

My replacement accessories set for my 1/16 Achilles arrived today. 

PXL_20240311_201556903.thumb.jpg.57041fb0dac632f96ef667178b5dacfa.jpg

It was sent directly from SOL to me and they even included a small bonus pack marked as a gift. I appreciate that along with their effort in correcting the error. 

PXL_20240311_201616592.thumb.jpg.ad67deb821decf0a1d28ffff0641625a.jpg

I also received the LEDs for the Cylon Raider. Time to try my hand at a custom lighting setup. 

PXL_20240311_201637372.thumb.jpg.ee580e2b3965d51490f60931dabcfc0f.jpg

Nice! I see AFV Modeler is selling resin parts for the big M10/Achilles kits

including a complete drivers compartment, radios, weapons etc.

https://www.afvmodeller.com/product-category/detail-conversion-parts/us-tanks-parts/m10-achilles/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, belugawhaleman said:

Nice! I see AFV Modeler is selling resin parts for the big M10/Achilles kits

including a complete drivers compartment, radios, weapons etc.

https://www.afvmodeller.com/product-category/detail-conversion-parts/us-tanks-parts/m10-achilles/

I saw the drivers stations and radios. A bit pricey for the driver's seat but they definitely add a lot to the model. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I saw the drivers stations and radios. A bit pricey for the driver's seat but they definitely add a lot to the model. 

Carl, that’s an understatement……….at £90…….

• Like 3

Some supplies for the Viggen, reckon I'm going to need plenty of primer!

IMG_20240314_081222.thumb.jpg.46ea48e38e4fdc6b1ac6c3b7318e8f37.jpg

The kit weapons are probably the weakest point so I got the Reskit offerings which were a better price than the Brassin ones and look as good to my eye.

• Like 7

Another box of Friulmodel tracks today.

This time, their; ATL-10 for the KV-1 and KV2 Soviet tanks.

I'll use these on my Tamiya kV-1 and later perhaps buy another set of

these for my Tamiya KV-2. Not really needed for these kits as both have

excellent link & length tracks included....I just happen to think Friuls are a fun option. Anyway, still working on my Takom SMK that will also have friuls

on it.

IMG_20240316_155458_kindlephoto-76400274.jpg

• Like 5

No pics, but got home from taking the wife for another biopsy and a Revell 1/32 Messerschmitt Me-262B-1/U1 I ordered was sitting there up on the porch.  
All I could think was “Oh man, I’m busted.  Caught red handed.”  
As we pull in the driveway she tells me she’s going to catch a nap in the car.  Go on in without her.  Yes!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

No pics, but got home from taking the wife for another biopsy and a Revell 1/32 Messerschmitt Me-262B-1/U1 I ordered was sitting there up on the porch.  
All I could think was “Oh man, I’m busted.  Caught red handed.”  
As we pull in the driveway she tells me she’s going to catch a nap in the car.  Go on in without her.  Yes!  

So what are you going to do when the Tomcat I sent you shows up? :D

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Forgot emoji
  • Haha 2

Finally made it to the LHS today. Work took me nearby so I ran in and grabbed the YF-22 I need for my F-15 J build. The LHS set aside a couple extra kits for me. 

PXL_20240319_205442167.thumb.jpg.c05c80c9195dd819d73a538dfbde2e2e.jpg

That's the most I've spent in a long time at my LHS. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Finally made it to the LHS today. Work took me nearby so I ran in and grabbed the YF-22 I need for my F-15 J build. The LHS set aside a couple extra kits for me. 

That’s blown the pocket money for the month…….

• Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

That’s blown the pocket money for the month…….

And then some! But worth it for being able to get some fairly rare kits at a really great price. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Carl

WOW, absolutely a gold mine - congrats and enjoy. Of course, a bit of envy needs to be also thrown in 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mark31 said:

Just recievd some stuff for the F-105.

20240321_101451.thumb.jpg.58011b95905992f0badc5126958155fc.jpg

Only need the nose and still thinking about the cockpit going for a resin one off 3d print decals 🤔

Mark

Mark

I'm already waiting for the 105 Thud build - going to be a classic for sure. Go for the front office as well.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Mark

I'm already waiting for the 105 Thud build - going to be a classic for sure. Go for the front office as well.

thanks Peter

know thinking off i will convert here to a F i have the set but then i have to think what arment to use.

the ones i have right now is for the wild weasel i dondt think the F have flown with that arment so more resaerch neded.

Mark

• Like 5

I´m absolutely stoked today. On Saturday, I ordered my first Model Factory Hiro kit, exactly on the first day of it´s availability direct from the Japanese homepage. I saw some preview pictures of the big tank Crocker and was immediately in love. Like a Harley, were somebody said, make it nice (I know this will make me enemies, but especially the middle section of Harley´s over the decades looked plump to me).
After only five days, the Crocker made it to my island for a great price and without the Spanish charging customs for whatever reason.

Could be an entry to the twins GB, but no, I will take my time with that beauty.

P1011175.thumb.JPG.669451ae07475286bc9de1f6c51864a9.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Nothing exciting here. Frankly I know close to nothing about US jets, but this is all time’s classic. He’d to have it. 
Big thanks to Carl for giving me guidance on this path. 

IMG_2904.jpeg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

I´m absolutely stoked today. On Saturday, I ordered my first Model Factory Hiro kit, exactly on the first day of it´s availability direct from the Japanese homepage. I saw some preview pictures of the big tank Crocker and was immediately in love. Like a Harley, were somebody said, make it nice (I know this will make me enemies, but especially the middle section of Harley´s over the decades looked plump to me).
After only five days, the Crocker made it to my island for a great price and without the Spanish charging customs for whatever reason.

Could be an entry to the twins GB, but no, I will take my time with that beauty.

Cheers Rob

Wow, 5 days from Japan to the Canaries is good going. Hope the shipping price wasn't inversely proportional to the shipping time!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

Can't wait to see this build. MFH kits are crazy detailed. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, GusMac said:

Wow, 5 days from Japan to the Canaries is good going. Hope the shipping price wasn't inversely proportional to the shipping time!

Indeed Gus, this was record breaking, usually it takes 10 days to two weeks, even from the Spanish mainland. The shipping cost were on the upper edge of reasonable, but compared to the prices, European shops call for, It was a very good deal.

12 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Can't wait to see this build. MFH kits are crazy detailed. 

Me too Carl, but it will take a while until I start. First, I have to learn a bit about polishing whit metal parts and finish them perfectly.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6