The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Topping the supplies up. If you have never looked at the Dspiae range you must. My latest purchases, the chisel broach is very nicely made and the drill bits are amazing……..I do like the AK pencils as well as they give you a lot of control…

IMG_7765.thumb.jpeg.2638bc573c269de83a3c5c792c77fceb.jpeg

Phil, I'm curious about the broach. I've seen them listed but not sure what the use is? I suspect it's a lost in translation thing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Phil, I'm curious about the broach. I've seen them listed but not sure what the use is? I suspect it's a lost in translation thing. 

I suspect they are for channel recesses etc as the go down to 0.1mm. The definition of broach in engineering is to remove material. I’m going to use as a chisel for injection pin removal and such like. That’s the reason I chose the largest blade size……..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A broach is more like a saw than a chisel. They're used extensively for machining features that can't be done via "normal" means. For example, if you needed a hexagonal hole in the center of a gear (or pulley), a broach would be the tool of choice. They're used quite often to cut keyways into pullleys and the like.

broach.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 8:46 PM, belugawhaleman said:

Two unexpected (and early) birthday presents for me today!

My actual birthday is on the twentieth, but here they are.

First, is a kit that's been on my list for some time; from Hobby Boss, it's

their Soviet T-35 Heavy Tank- late (83844) in 1/35 this huge inter-war 

Soviet tank that had five turrets.....it was a kind of mania with the Soviets at the time to have multi turrets.

Early T-26's had two turrets, the T 28 was a multi turret beast, and the Soviets produced a number of prototype tanks with multi turrets, including

the SMK, none apparently very successful. Anyway, it's a impressive model.....and BIG!

Also today, a non-military kit of a nostalgic subject. From Moebius

Models it's their Robot B9 in 1/6 scale......yes, it's the one from the TV

show Lost in Space.... Even as a kid I thought the show was silly.....but

the robot was a favorite of mine. In 1/6 scale, the robot is Massive! The

kit components look well molded and sturdy but the packaging looks a

little careless with the clear parts tossed loosely in one bag where they can

be easily scratched. Anyway, the kit will be fun to build. I built the smaller

version by Polar Lights about 20 years ago.

DSCN1184_kindlephoto-4732629.jpg

DSCN1185_kindlephoto-4785510.jpg

Did you get the real glass globe for the top of B9?   
Yet another I have in the stash!  Lighting and sound kit is a must for this one, but you better did real deep into your pockets.  It ain’t cheap!  I still have to buy that.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Did you get the real glass globe for the top of B9?   
Yet another I have in the stash!  Lighting and sound kit is a must for this one, but you better did real deep into your pockets.  It ain’t cheap!  I still have to buy that.  

I tried looking for the glass globe.....couldn't find one, but I'll keep looking.

For the lighting, I'll just cobble-up something... A led and some plastruct

fiber optic strands... No blinking lights or anything fancy.

• Like 2

Well, @DocRob's Arado 234 build made me want to do another one so I started looking around. Seems the Fly kit is quite a bit more than it was previously, almost double in fact what I paid for my first one. 

Then I found this one for sale for less than the original Fly kit. Sold!

PXL_20230718_204943060.thumb.jpg.0e1558676229aae606079b5e628c22f2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Well, @DocRob's Arado 234 build made me want to do another one so I started looking around. Seems the Fly kit is quite a bit more than it was previously, almost double in fact what I paid for my first one. 

Then I found this one for sale for less than the original Fly kit. Sold!

Cool, Carl, I didn't know about the existence of this kit, but browsed through the manual on Scalemates. Looks like an equally demanding build, like the Fly kit, but it's a single seater without antlers and the canopy can be build open without cutting the clear parts, which will help a bit. Can't wait to see you wip-ing this.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Today, the postwoman cared to stop in front of our house and cared to leave some long awaited deliveries.

I own the Revell HMS Snowberry Flower Class Corvette kit since some time and tried to lay my hand onto a Pontos detail set. After two month, it finally arrived and since my sanity is halfway rebuild, after the delicate USS Arizona build, this will be a new adventure in brass-land.

P1000723.thumb.JPG.05f878e7a0f22dc512271dab6a47a0c2.JPG 

Do you need extra resin wheels for your Copper State Minerva car, you have to decide for yourself. For me it was easy, since adding the wheels to the Pontos set, made the shipping free, which about equals the price of the wheels, but they are gorgeous.

P1000725.thumb.JPG.5310f33559c5bfb12ed51a3d95ab55b5.JPG

Comparison with the kit supplied wheels, which are not bad for styrene molding.

P1000726.thumb.JPG.2d68158cc1459e05c8f78367fe1a3585.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

My LHS just posted this pic of a U-Haul they're unloading. 

It's all 1/32 kits from I believe the 10,000 kit collection they bought a couple years ago.

362085203_673880374756609_6711030742003387763_n.thumb.webp.c9c26be92ab3a6187a9b879e4f8bdda3.webp

Now, surely some on here have bigger stashes than this.......  😆

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, DocRob said:

Today, the postwoman cared to stop in front of our house and cared to leave some long awaited deliveries.

I own the Revell HMS Snowberry Flower Class Corvette kit since some time and tried to lay my hand onto a Pontos detail set. After two month, it finally arrived and since my sanity is halfway rebuild, after the delicate USS Arizona build, this will be a new adventure in brass-land.

P1000723.thumb.JPG.05f878e7a0f22dc512271dab6a47a0c2.JPG 

Do you need extra resin wheels for your Copper State Minerva car, you have to decide for yourself. For me it was easy, since adding the wheels to the Pontos set, made the shipping free, which about equals the price of the wheels, but they are gorgeous.

P1000725.thumb.JPG.5310f33559c5bfb12ed51a3d95ab55b5.JPG

Comparison with the kit supplied wheels, which are not bad for styrene molding.

P1000726.thumb.JPG.2d68158cc1459e05c8f78367fe1a3585.JPG

Cheers Rob

I have the Minerva kit.....Those wheels look amazing!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

362085203_673880374756609_6711030742003387763_n.thumb.webp.c9c26be92ab3a6187a9b879e4f8bdda3.webp

Gotta name, address, and phone number?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

The shop is Wheels and Wings in Toronto. 

wheelswingshobbies.com

They are going to post everything on their site for sale but it may take some time. When I took the pics yesterday, they were still in the midst of sorting through the kits. The staff siad it'll go up a bit at a time and to keep checking in. 

There are quite a few LEM kits in the stash along with a couple HpH kits too. There's some Rutman stuff too. It's really quite a mix. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2