The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Just now, KevinM said:

I have been looking for a He-111 keep checking back not listed or already sold.:hsmack:

I haven't seen it listed yet. I'm checking every day for what comes up at least once in the morning and again in the late afternoon.

• Like 1

IT’S HERE !

After 17 years, I could finally lay my hands on a 1/32 TBD Devastator ! It’s basic, but the basics are good, and a good base for improvements, starting with integrating the Airscale set (but not the folding wings one, as I do not like folded wings).

I need to finish my Cutlass first, lest it returns on the SOD for another 6 years, but I can see a TBD build in a very near future :)

Hubert

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hubert

I'm still 'dancing on the ceiling' when my TBD arrived - it's been a very long wait. I decided I won't be starting it until Peter's (AirScale) sets are on my bench - the PE cockpit set and the 3D printed details as well. Then I clear the bench and its Devastator. No question in my mind, I'm going pre-war, Yellow Wings.

Looking forward to your build after the Cutlass. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bittersweet news for me. After two month of struggle, mailing the customs office umpteen times, the packet went back to Germany to be sent again, painful custom delays again and then, tataaa, my new airbrush finally arrived along some nice paintbrushes, maintenance sets and a beautiful stand.
It is the new Harder & Steenbeck CR Plus Giraldez edition.

P1000747.thumb.JPG.a9c7e5d9ae5e6cd95c2634652303f825.JPG

It looks nice in the box, albeit a bit kinky for my liking, but if you expect a only optical changed product, you are completely wrong. 
If there is some interest, I will make a small comparison, between the new and between the standard CR Plus. 

P1000748.thumb.JPG.bd0598c8abb3bc671fc558b68c9a4b0a.JPG

It looks great with the new stand. First observations: The trigger went forward and has a distinctive new design and works much smoother than the normal CR Plus. The complete back chuck system is new and allows to fiddle in the needle from the backside, as there are no inside edges anymore. With the standard model, I inserted the needle always from the front side.

P1000751.thumb.JPG.1d7eff0de8f42c0d588714a4f921774e.JPG

Well, I mentioned bittersweet, but why? Two hours before the long awaited airbrush materialized on my doorstep, my trusty old compressor passed away with some enerving whoosh sounds. I bought the Aero Pro compressor 1989 in Berlin, so it has done it's duty always reliable, but why broke it exactly this day? Anyway, I ordered a Sparmax TC-620X as a substitute, the only reliable model, with hopefully ultra fast delivery, which in my case might mean two weeks.

P1000744.thumb.JPG.60cf45e75fbdcb264ea18a54114afceb.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

8 hours ago, DocRob said:

Bittersweet news for me. After two month of struggle, mailing the customs office umpteen times, the packet went back to Germany to be sent again, painful custom delays again and then, tataaa, my new airbrush finally arrived along some nice paintbrushes, maintenance sets and a beautiful stand.

It looks nice in the box, albeit a bit kinky for my liking, but if you expect a only optical changed product, you are completely wrong. 
If there is some interest, I will make a small comparison, between the new and between the standard CR Plus. 

It looks great with the new stand. First observations: The trigger went forward and has a distinctive new design and works much smoother than the normal CR Plus. The complete back chuck system is new and allows to fiddle in the needle from the backside, as there are no inside edges anymore. With the standard model, I inserted the needle always from the front side.

Well, I mentioned bittersweet, but why? Two hours before the long awaited airbrush materialized on my doorstep, my trusty old compressor passed away with some enerving whoosh sounds. I bought the Aero Pro compressor 1989 in Berlin, so it has done it's duty always reliable, but why broke it exactly this day? Anyway, I ordered a Sparmax TC-620X as a substitute, the only reliable model, with hopefully ultra fast delivery, which in my case might mean two weeks.

Cheers Rob

Very nice airbrush! Sorry to hear about the compressor, but, after all, it had

a long, productive life.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Very nice airbrush! Sorry to hear about the compressor, but, after all, it had

a long, productive life.

Absolutely, since 1989, I never thought about compressors, I only had a vage recollection of the producing brands, because members posted something about their compressors. RIP god old Aero Pro. Aren't the best tools these, you use permanently but never really think about them. 

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

23 hours ago, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

Rob

So glad all your new equipment finally arrived finally, making it through customs and the Infinity CR Plus Giraldez edition looks fantastic. I have two Infinity CR Plus air brushes, one with a .2 tip and the other with a .4 tip and they are my go-to air brushes for years.  Thank you for reviewing all the changes H&S made to the CR Plus range - making a terrific air brush even better. Coupled with your new Sparmax compressor, you're set to Rock and Roll. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

So glad all your new equipment finally arrived finally, making it through customs and the Infinity CR Plus Giraldez edition looks fantastic. I have two Infinity CR Plus air brushes, one with a .2 tip and the other with a .4 tip and they are my go-to air brushes for years.  Thank you for reviewing all the changes H&S made to the CR Plus range - making a terrific air brush even better. Coupled with your new Sparmax compressor, you're set to Rock and Roll. 

I will make a small comparison of the CR Plus and the Giraldez edition, when the compressor arrived and I have used both for a while.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, DocRob said:

I will make a small comparison of the CR Plus and the Giraldez edition, when the compressor arrived and I have used both for a while.

Cheers Rob

Rob, looking forward to that comparison. When I came back to the hobby I made the big mistake of buying a cheap Chinese AB. Lasted 2 months, I replaced it with a H & S Infinity. It’s their  basic AB but love it, been toying about up scaling to a CR or beyond. It would be good to know the advantages?……

• Like 4

Another big thing came today.....actually a large-scale model of a

a small tank destroyer. Takom's M50A1 Ontos (# 1019). I said "thing" because

Ontos means thing...in Greek I think. Anyway, I've been planing to buy

this kit since it was announced.  Finally getting one. This little beast sported

six M40 106mm recoilless rifles and could fire rounds filled with thousands of flechettes....little steel darts. I mean,....talk about dispensing hatred! Nasty!

Anyway, ....it looks like a detailed kit and it includes a very nice figure.

The tracks are rubber.....but the actual vehicles used a form of rubber tracks, so that's not a mark against it. Cool.

Hey, an addendum here. After an unboxing....this looks like a fantastic kit. Great interior detail...as I said the figure is terrific... with great detail..his mouth is open..I never saw detailed teeth

on a figure before! The only gripe I have is the six cannon barrels

are molded in halves....long seams here. Anyway, it's too bad I haven't seen many online builds of this kit...I think it's a gem.

BTW, I have one more 1/16 kit to buy.....untill, that Is, Andy announces whatever the1/16 British/American kits he's going to

release......I bet they are going to be a Lee/Grant! We'll see.

DSCN1192_kindlephoto-839952.jpg

00028438_kindlephoto-1186219.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2