Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Working on this now: A Trumpy 1/35 Soviet PT-76. So far an occasionally 

frustrating kit with some very tiny parts. I found myself on my knees searching

for tiny parts that I thought I'd never find again. I did find them! Anyway, I think 

It'll turn out Ok. I've been spending a lot of time filling some holes for cable ends

I decided I won't use. The string provided, well, I didn't like the looks of it.

DSCN0097.JPG

DSCN0098.JPG

• Like 9

19 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Working on this now: A Trumpy 1/35 Soviet PT-76. So far an occasionally 

frustrating kit with some very tiny parts. I found myself on my knees searching

for tiny parts that I thought I'd never find again. I did find them! Anyway, I think 

It'll turn out Ok. I've been spending a lot of time filling some holes for cable ends

I decided I won't use. The string provided, well, I didn't like the looks of it.

DSCN0097.JPG

DSCN0098.JPG

Nice. Always had a soft spot for these odd Soviet swimming tanks

• Like 4

Progress is slow on the Hellcat, due to drying times and lots of 1/1 scale modelling on the house ;).
The basic paintjob is done so far, this time with Gunze colors, a first for me. They sprayed well onto the 3D enhancing black and white base coat, which still shows a little. After applying the three camo colors, I used heavy thinned variants of them for panel accentuation and a little shading and lighting. Then I added the wings and tail, because it was way easier to apply the camo freehand, without the wings. Next will be an oil treatment as a pre weathering and to get the blues a bit more vibrant and then it's decaling / wet transfer time.

Cheers Rob

IMG_8757.thumb.JPG.92f4fa6b74a02606d965dacd12a85693.JPG

• Like 12

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Progress is slow on the Hellcat, due to drying times and lots of 1/1 scale modelling on the house 

Stunning Rob, love the subtle tones……talking of building, so no work at present been put on holiday, unfortunately instead of bench time, I’m decorating the house. I feel guilty modelling when I should be at work….weird ………..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Stunning Rob, love the subtle tones……talking of building, so no work at present been put on holiday, unfortunately instead of bench time, I’m decorating the house. I feel guilty modelling when I should be at work….weird ………..

Do what's best for you and your family Phil, there is nothing won with feeling guilty, because of what... ? These are weird times and we should look and care for the people which are important to us and when there is time left, have some FUN.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Not a good day

Bummer, but you can't blame the dog for it this time, at least not the decal. I hope you find a solution. Isn't there a second canopy for an opened display?

Cheers Rob

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Amigos, I lave oil colors. As longer I use them, the more I like them. I applied a deep blue, a medium blue and some light bluish grey in dots, emphasizing panels, light and shadow vaguely.
Then I spread the oils with thousands of little dabs, to get a slightly uneven coverage. The synthetic saw brush was very carefully dampened wit fast drying thinner from time to time. Dabbing wise, I built up some fine layers of paint, with the base color still shining through, but got what I wanted an accentuated and more vibrant color rendition.

Cheers Rob

Ughhhhh :icon_eek:

IMG_8763.thumb.JPG.816a507e5742c105cd9d62d24222b936.JPG

The final result looks better :D

IMG_8770.thumb.JPG.88c07130f138b65128358090559fca62.JPG

IMG_8771.thumb.JPG.189dda42467587a126a9893511f9f0de.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2021 at 12:55 AM, DocRob said:

Amigos, I lave oil colors. As longer I use them, the more I like them. I applied a deep blue, a medium blue and some light bluish grey in dots, emphasizing panels, light and shadow vaguely.
Then I spread the oils with thousands of little dabs, to get a slightly uneven coverage. The synthetic saw brush was very carefully dampened wit fast drying thinner from time to time. Dabbing wise, I built up some fine layers of paint, with the base color still shining through, but got what I wanted an accentuated and more vibrant color rendition.

Cheers Rob

Ughhhhh :icon_eek:

IMG_8763.thumb.JPG.816a507e5742c105cd9d62d24222b936.JPG

The final result looks better :D

IMG_8770.thumb.JPG.88c07130f138b65128358090559fca62.JPG

IMG_8771.thumb.JPG.189dda42467587a126a9893511f9f0de.JPG

That looks quite nice, Rob!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1