Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Just a visit to the bench of the biggest box in my stash. 

PXL_20230216_220625642.thumb.jpg.ee3c535a131bf59f52fb21d873f56b1a.jpg

The inner box with the Hobby boss B-24 for size comparison.

image.thumb.jpg.d1450a89342cceb0df0bdffca12ea823.jpg

The wing compared to the Hasegawa 1/48 kit 

image.thumb.jpg.3daffe8ef50c7c9df6e8cfa54b0e7943.jpg

The short trip was printed by my procrastination of ordering of LEDs to light the model when I finally start it this year. Hopefully when the Vosper is done. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 2/17/2023 at 11:53 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

Peter, it's about twice the size of the Border Lanc box. The one kit takes up a whole shelf in my stash. Once I start it, I'll have much room to fill up with new kits. :lol:

Carl

Perfect and what a great strategy. For now, I have my Border Lancaster box residing in a spot in our kitchen as it's so big I need to still find a place for it until she hits the bench. I can only imagine how big the Valkyrie actually is. 

• Like 2

They're a limited run kit. The gent who owns the company did a small run and as far as I know, that was it. He has some other releases coming including a Sea Harrier and a Jaguar I  believe. 

There's also a joint venture with another company called Flying S and they're going to do a Martin Baker MB5. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2022 at 8:06 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

With Revell coming out with a new Hurricane, I thought maybe I should glue a couple more parts together on my Fly one. 

PXL_20220115_020342784.thumb.jpg.0d02c5445ab0061567ed9bc53478eac3.jpg

So far just the upper wing so that I can get a sorta decent wing root fit.

PXL_20220115_020350132.thumb.jpg.5a0d5683ff64502359aa71557d315e7d.jpg

Carl

When I built mine a few years ago I got so mad at it, before I attached the wings,  I threw it on the floor! The thick carpet kept it from getting too much damage and I was able to resume the build a little later after I had cooled down. LOL  I swore then I'd never buy another Fly kit and I haven't!  😬

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

When I built mine a few years ago I got so mad at it, before I attached the wings,  I threw it on the floor! The thick carpet kept it from getting too much damage and I was able to resume the build a little later after I had cooled down. LOL  I swore then I'd never buy another Fly kit and I haven't!  😬

So far I've built 2 Fly kits, the Ar234 and the Hurricane. The Hurricane was the more challenging with getting the MLG bay and the cockpit sorted. I've got another Hurricane in the stash to go. 

I must be a glutton for punishment. I just ordered another Special Hobby T-33. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

So far I've built 2 Fly kits, the Ar234 and the Hurricane. The Hurricane was the more challenging with getting the MLG bay and the cockpit sorted. I've got another Hurricane in the stash to go. 

I must be a glutton for punishment. I just ordered another Special Hobby T-33. :lol:

I'd take a SH T-33 over a Fly Hurricane any day Carl. LOL Getting the cockpit to fit was the problem. I finally wound up removing some of the framework to MAKE it fit. 🤪

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

I'd take a SH T-33 over a Fly Hurricane any day Carl. LOL Getting the cockpit to fit was the problem. I finally wound up removing some of the framework to MAKE it fit. 🤪

I sort of cheated and used styrene rod to replace some of the kit bits as I didn't want to clean up all the seam lines. 

PXL_20201004_202953811-L.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I sort of cheated and used styrene rod to replace some of the kit bits as I didn't want to clean up all the seam lines. 

PXL_20201004_202953811-L.jpg

Anything to make it work! I cussed that thing up one side and down the other! LOL:)

• Like 4