The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Rob, those chairs look amazing. Got any plans for them that you could share or where to buy them? Sue would love something like that too.

Thanks Carl, I used the following plans, but they are in German. If you have questions about the plans you can PM me. I followed the basic measurements in the description, except, I used threaded rod of 6 mm (M6) stainless steel and drilled the holes in the wood with 8 mm diameter. In all the construction took three days, it's a relatively easy build.

Tipps & Tricks: Kentucky Stick Chair (senotto.de)

You can buy this kind of foldable chair as well, for example in the Netherlands.

Fieldchair | Weltevree - order now, free shipping within EU

From this company I bought the sheepskin with a leather loop, to attach the skin to the chair.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GusMac said:

Very impressive woodworking skills there Rob. At least you've got weather to enjoy them in. Softwood gets destroyed in about a season here

Thanks Gus, in the moment we have a great summer, but we have harsh conditions here too, lots of humidity, wind, fog and then everything changes to dry heat, not perfect for softwood as well. I built some Adirondack chairs two years ago from a very durable wood, but I have to rework them this year. The new chairs are foldable and will be stored inside, when the weather turns bad. The new built sea view terrace is more a summer terrace, because there are cruel winds blowing in winter time and we will use the place for a winter barbecue only on days with no more than a breeze with a Kamado barbecue, which distributes a lot of heat.
Tha Canary Islands are called the islands of eternal spring only for the tourists, it can be pretty rough here, specially northern bound and up in the mountains. I do feel cold more often here, than I felt in Berlin, where the houses are better insulated and better heated.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, DocRob said:

Actually it's off the bench right now, because it's ready. Two 1/1 models of Kentucky Stick Chairs, which I built over the last week. Another summer project, which will be a present for my wife's  birthday, to use on our new sea view terrace. For colder days, you can put some sheepskins on.

IMG_9217.thumb.JPG.52430bd6f6ec6bda687ed3235dc43ef0.JPG

IMG_9216.thumb.JPG.426bd1988a3b4d735dfdc53c83e01a39.JPG

Cheers Rob

Rob

Awesome work and perfect for a summer project.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DocRob said:

Thanks Gus, in the moment we have a great summer, but we have harsh conditions here too, lots of humidity, wind, fog and then everything changes to dry heat, not perfect for softwood as well. I built some Adirondack chairs two years ago from a very durable wood, but I have to rework them this year. The new chairs are foldable and will be stored inside, when the weather turns bad. The new built sea view terrace is more a summer terrace, because there are cruel winds blowing in winter time and we will use the place for a winter barbecue only on days with no more than a breeze with a Kamado barbecue, which distributes a lot of heat.
Tha Canary Islands are called the islands of eternal spring only for the tourists, it can be pretty rough here, specially northern bound and up in the mountains. I do feel cold more often here, than I felt in Berlin, where the houses are better insulated and better heated.

Cheers Rob

Sounds like you've got it all planned out Rob.

Only been to Gran Canaria of your islands and it was down in the very south (Puerto Rico) in July, so far too hot and humid for me. 🥵

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/31/2021 at 6:06 PM, DocRob said:

Thanks Carl, I used the following plans, but they are in German. If you have questions about the plans you can PM me. I followed the basic measurements in the description, except, I used threaded rod of 6 mm (M6) stainless steel and drilled the holes in the wood with 8 mm diameter. In all the construction took three days, it's a relatively easy build.

Tipps & Tricks: Kentucky Stick Chair (senotto.de)

You can buy this kind of foldable chair as well, for example in the Netherlands.

Fieldchair | Weltevree - order now, free shipping within EU

From this company I bought the sheepskin with a leather loop, to attach the skin to the chair.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob! Looks like I might have a project for next spring. I was thinking of Muskoka chairs originally (they're like Adirondack chairs but Canadian) but I like that yours are something different. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Thanks Rob! Looks like I might have a project for next spring. I was thinking of Muskoka chairs originally (they're like Adirondack chairs but Canadian) but I like that yours are something different. 

I had to google the Muskoka chairs, but they are more or less the same like the Adirondaks. These were the ones I built two years ago, definitely more work than the Kentucky Stick chairs.

IMG_6367.thumb.JPG.ccd61efd86ed68e55354751632b717dd.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 9

15 hours ago, DocRob said:

I had to google the Muskoka chairs, but they are more or less the same like the Adirondaks. These were the ones I built two years ago, definitely more work than the Kentucky Stick chairs.

IMG_6367.thumb.JPG.ccd61efd86ed68e55354751632b717dd.JPG

Cheers Rob

Rob, you did a beautiful job on those chairs. I spend a lot of time camping in the Adirondacks; those chairs are common around here. They're surprisingly comfortable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smitty44 said:

It's a long modeling weekend here in the US! What's everyone up too?

The Canadian International Airshow starts in a couple hours so I'm going to take the boys. It's a quick 15min bike ride from our house. Then, I'll see if I can get a bit of bench time. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The Canadian International Airshow starts in a couple hours so I'm going to take the boys. It's a quick 15min bike ride from our house. Then, I'll see if I can get a bit of bench time. 

Awesome! I was wondering if anyone else liked real airplanes. 🤣  I'm going to the Reno Air Races in two weeks!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Awesome! I was wondering if anyone else liked real airplanes. 🤣  I'm going to the Reno Air Races in two weeks!

It was a good show. Started off with a CF-18 solo display as always and ended with the Snowbirds. 

In between was a C-130, P-51, F-35, Canso, and a aerobatics plane that I don't know. 

I don't have pics as all I had was my phone. 

• Like 3

On 9/2/2021 at 10:02 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

For my Adirondacks I used the following Festool plan. It's in German unfortunately, but the PDF includes a part list and drawings of the parts.

Baupläne Holz | Holz-Ideen & passende Bauanleitungen (festool.de)

Cheers Rob

• Like 3